Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

morning peeps!

rorschach

Hello to all! Atlhough you may not realise it, you have helped me to spend just under £300 of my hard earned cash!

I bought my son a second hand meade etx70 at for Christmas, not knowing what I wasl ooking at and thinking that the "goto" would make observing that much easier. we have been pleasantly surprised by observing Jupiter and her 4 moons as well as our own moon. So much so , I am just about tio purchase a skywatcher explorer 150p with the EQ3-2 mount (I have scoured the internet for images , read reviews and taken on board what people have said here) so we can observe together!

thanks for your advise guys and girls it really helped!

Chris

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again thanks all! it's nice to be welcomed, and Dan, we really must catch up! do you own a telescope and if so where do you observe?

found Pleiades last night as well, I think I will be spending quite some time just taking in it's beauty!...once "my" scope arrives!

Once again thanks all! it's nice to be welcomed, and Dan, we really must catch up! do you own a telescope and if so where do you observe?

found Pleiades last night as well, I think I will be spending quite some time just taking in it's beauty!...once "my" scope arrives!

Hiya Chris,

I don't own a scope but have just put in for a 130p the little sister of your new one! I came on here last night after someone Tweeted about this forum and Brian Cox re-tweeted it.

I won't ask you about our other common denominators as people will request we get a room! I hope all the team are well and you're looking after Mr. Whoriskey for me! Good to see you're getting into Astronomy too. The hidden mysteries of Nature and Science eh!

Well ! its ordered ordered last night from FLO and its coming direct from optical vision...

I feel like Homer (Simpson) "aaaaw come on come on..." standing at the front door waiting ,not that there is anything to see as its cloudy and raining! but its supposed to be clearing later in the week!

Archived