NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yet another newbie checking in (Manchester)

NickMilner

Just wanted to say a quick hello. :)

I'm 42 and have had a life-long passing interest in science/astronomy etc. but, for some reason, never owned a scope. My wife is also interested in the shiny stuff up there, so, after watching the recent Stargazing live program we decided to splash out a little and invest in a (hopefully!) decent beginner scope - a Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 from First Light Optics (who seem to be quite active around here, which is nice!)

So, that's us. The purchase was made about half an hour ago, I've downloaded the manual (handy) and we're waiting with baited breath. :evil6: Now it's time to rifle Stargazerslounge.com for as much beginner info as I can find!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nick and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you're off to a flying start with a very good scope. You will certainly see plenty of great objects - just hope the weather plays ball when the scope etc arrives.

Clear skies

James

Archived