Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from the Peak District!

jamespels

Hi all,

time to kick-start a slow-burning and largely dormant interest in astronomy, rekindled by the excellent Brian, Dara & friends in the last few days and fuelled by Christmas pressie funds I don't want to waste on a new telly.

Thanks for an excellent forum; I have been here quite a bit in the last few days reading opinions on different scopes and so on.

Looking forward to joining in, asking loads of stupid questions and hopefully, eventually, being able to pass some of the advice I am given onto other newbies.

Hello to anyone else from around the Staffs side of the Peaks - any recommendations on local astronomy groups (I have found three - North Staffs in Newcastle, what appears to be a small group in Crewe / Nantwich and one in Macc). Any others? Any of you members of these groups?

Cheers,

J.

Thanks everybody - what a friendly forum!

Eagleseye - thanks for the link, that's where I found out about the Macc and Newcastle groups from. I guess then that all major astronomy groups register with the FAS - wasn't sure if there would be any independents.

Anybody here a member of the Newcastle, Crewe or Macc groups?

Archived