Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Devon.....

Nice But

Hi all

Stumbled across your very informative and freindly forum after watching Stargazing on the Beeb.......

I know what your thinking.... it'll be a fad, we still do them at almost 50 :D anyway it won't be. I have lay on the top of some remote scottish mountains with my head stuck out of my tent and my small birding binocs attached to my face and watched the stars go by.

I always thought that telescopes were stupid money until the programme on the tube so started to rummage on the tinternet and after much reading have ordered a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ as our first 'scope'.

We live on the banks of the River Dart in devon and look out down the creek to the south and as we only have 4 streetlights in the village and non near us we do Big skies at night so we are looking forward to some superb stargazing with our new toy.

If we get on ok with it then I may buy a tabletop one to keep on our yacht for those quiet light free anchorages we do. One for the students to learn celestial navigation by as well :), I teach sailing for a living.

Looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with our 130 and your good selves.

Tim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tim,

Welcome to SGL, you will find a lot of useful information and friendly help from fellow members. Wish I lived in such a nice and dark location as yourself.

Hope you have good times ahead.

Peter

Hi Tim .

I also have a Celestron 130 eq. I have only just had a chance to use it due to some breaks in the cloud cover, you will not be dissapointed. You are so right about being at sea for star gazing. I sometimes get the opportunity to go and sail around the north Agean with my friend on his yacht, I have never seen so many stars as when we have been moored in some remote island bay with absolutlely no light pollution.........damn I want to go on holiday again! bet the wife won't let me though. ( she hates sailing )

All the best and have fun with the 130eq

Archived