Greetings from another newbie

danwill91

Hello everyone I'm Dan, a Mechanical Engineering student in sunny Wales, UK. :(

I was gifted my first telescope, an Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic for Christmas, and luckily there were clear enough skies to do some observing on Christmas night. I located Jupiter and saw the mighty planet plus what I believe were Io, Callisto, Europa and Ganymede between 8 and 9PM (I called it a night shortly afterward because the temperature was around -14∘C:icon_eek:)

I've always been interested in astronomy, its just taken until now to actually start observing. At 19 years old I have a lot to learn, and this forum has already taught me so much. I joined the forum on the 6th Dec and have been hovering around all the discussion, and I can honestly say this community has to be the friendliest on the internet.

I'm extremely happy with my scope, it's a stunning bit of kit as is Stellarium!

When the clouds break I also hope to break out the HD camera and try my hand at astrophotography.

So thats me… I look forward to future discussion and clear skies. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived