Hi from freezing cold scotland

asset189

first post on here after dipping in and out for a month or so to sample the advice and info. just purchased a Skywatcher 130 Synscan machine and cant wait for a clear night to test it out.

I first got into the sky at night as a wide eyed youngster some 45 years ago when my late grandfather left me some old books -

An easy guide to the constellations by J gall inglis,

The stars above us by sir harold Spences Jones and

Signpost to the stars third edition - printed by george Philip and Sons and sold for the princely sum of 2 shillings net !

I learned some of the more prominent constallations but eventually lost interest when I moved to the central belt and its constant light polution.

Couldn't even afford a pair of binos then but since becoming keen again ive aquired a pair of 15x70 binos an old hellios 114 refractor and my new Skywatcher.

roll on clear skies

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope your reading of this forum has helped you keep warm as I gather that Scotland has had a 'bit' of snow! A lot of us have returned to astronomy in later life from an earlier introduction which isn't such a bad thing as you find yourself approaching it in a different and perhaps more successful way.

Clear skies for you soon.

James

Archived