Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CPC 925 only 1 day away!

anth

Hi all, joined the site 2 weeks ago and am very impressed by the replies and knowledge that is available on this forum. After many months of deliberation and a long chat with the guy from F1 telescopes (who I really recommend any amateur having a chat with) I have purchased, due to the axiom that the best telescope for you is the one that you will use the most, a celestron CPC 925. Getting delivered on Wednesday and looking at the met office website first clear night will be thursday. I will post an in depth review once my excitement has abated. Once again thank you all.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Anth

A hearty congratulations on you choice of scope I am shore you will not be disapointed with it I have looked through one and was impressed

Doug

Essex

---------------------------------------

Meade LX90 8" ACF f/10

Hi Anth

I got my CPC925 a few months back and it has done nothing but impress me it really is a dream to set up and use and will give you some wonderful views

Look forward to reading your reports on it

Kevin

Hi Mate, well done on the purchase, I have the 800, once you get the hang of it, its great.

Im sure you have read all the tips, but if you get any teething probs with the gps, goto, ensure the time zone is correct (default for me was california) and manually do the time yourself if it needs it initall, just to give it a kick in the right direction, once the gps locks on, it fixes the time and away you go..

also make sure you do the 3 star alingment on 3 stars as wide as you can (180 degrees), in a triangular shape (not a straight line)

Anyway good luck, its a little overwhelming at first, but you soon pick it up.

Have fun.

Seems to work for me - I just save it as an alignment object (see manual on how to do that) and everything else falls into place. After the first 2 or 3 saves it's spot on all the time for observing. But for AP I wouldn't like to say - I think I'd take a bit more care initially when setting up for imaging. :)

Archived