Totally New. Hi....Kent

Shaun0957

Hi to all,

New to Astronomy, and struggling, i have been lucky enough to get a 8" Newtonian, or at least i think i am, but i don't think i have got it set up correctly, or there maybe alignment problems with mirrors, or maybe i just cannot do it, really not sure where to start.

So many questions so much to learn....just hope there is enough time:icon_scratch:

So forgive me if some of the questions are somewhat ridiculous

Shaun:icon_salut:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shaun and welcome to SGL :)

Any questions you want to ask, please feel free to start a thread in the "Beginners Help" section - that's what it's for and someone will be along to help you soon.

An 8" newtonian is a great starter scope - you'll have fun with that!

Hi Shaun and welcome to the forum.

In fact everyone is a beginner really as you can't know everything because it all keeps changing. When I was deciding on a scope, someone asked me what it was I wanted to see, was it planets, nebula, galaxies? - well I felt a bit daft and silly when I said, "everything!" but the things is, I'm still the same. :):D:D:D

Hope you get that scope of yours up and running cos' there's lots to see!

Clear skies

James

Archived