Hello from Bury!

dnel

Just thought I'd say hi after a few days lurking about. I'm Dave, 26 and I live near Bury. I've been interested in astronomy for a few years and slowly learning more about it all. I'm just about to upgrade from my 1943 Kershaw 6x30 binos to some Helios Naturesport-plus 10x50 and maybe one day I'll get to buying a scope but I've still a lot to learn yet so I'm glad I found a thriving and friendly astronomy community to sap for more knowledge and I hope to head up to a local astronomy club some day soon. Maybe I'll see some of you there, who knows :eek:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Its not a bad idea taking your time and researching all the options. There are some nice toys out there with a price tag to match, so its good idea to wait and see where your interests my be. No one scope does it all which is great because it means there's something for everyone.

Clear skies

James

Wow, what an amazing response, thanks everyone! My new binoculars arrived today from FLO (very impressed so far) so looking forward to getting out under the stars with them, though I might have to wait until after the fireworks have subsided! The Astronomy Centre looks great, I have already talked a friend into joining me on a trip there, so I'm sure I'll be taking up the invitations soon :eek:

cheers!

Archived