Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Malmesbury

Gilps

Hi

I'm Paul and I live in Malmesbury. I'm totally new to astronomy. It's actually my wife who is really the budding astronomer and I'm just following in her footsteps. I've got some questions regarding what telescope to buy for her, and where to buy from, but I'll post that in the relevant section. This looks like a really useful forum so looking forwards to getting some helpful advice.

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul, I used to live in Hullavington, so know Malmsbury too. In fact I took a group of Bristol astronomers across to wilts for an evening of darker skies around four weeks ago.

Enjoy the forum and remember that the only stupid question is an unasked one!

Michael

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

Very good site, lots of good information and a lot of very generous people who are happy to help you avoid making mistakes by steering you in the right direction. I wish my other half was as interested in this subject as yours. I have more chance of finding a deep sky object in light pollution than I have of getting my other half to look through my scope when Strictly Come Dancing is on. :):D (....women, what are they like! :) I'll get my coat)

Clear skies

James

Archived