NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HI from Leicester

abettertomorrow

hi all

still trying to pursuade g/friend that astronomy is hobby we can do together - ooh but it is cold outside!!

been dipping in and out of forum reading lots and it is a good source of info - read loads before buying scope and now also have celestron 15x70's which i try to take with me everytime i go out.

a lot of light polution here but hope to move somewhere dark soon....!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Abetter and welcome to the group :D

Leicester here too - If you fancy some communal stargazing we have a social group called East Mids Stargazers. You'd be welcome to join just click the link in my signature for further info.

All the best!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am assuming that the comment "ooh but its cold outside" isn't your comment? :D:D:D:D (not sure it was made clear :))

Anyhow I totally agree about taking your time with your research and this forum is essential for sounding out ideas. In addition to all that reading, I would suggest taking up Brantuck's offer of looking through some kit, as that more than anything else will help inform you on making a good decision when buying kit.

Clear skies (...and warm!)

James

HI all

don't know what SGE is?!

might come along to one of the local nights, thanks for offer too.

lots to learn so meeting others could be good. missed out tonight though as knackered after sorting out house.

been outside for quick view of moon and jupiter through binos - i'm loving the detail on the moon.

scope gone back to FLO as goto packed up so only binos at mo...

:-(

thanks for messages all.

Archived