Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 - combined data from 2009/2010

Tim

This image is comprised of two sets of pics both taken at Kelling Heath star party. I cant recall the kit used last year exactly, but I think it was probably a WO72 + QHY8. This year it was a Borg 77+QHY8. I am just getting round to processing this years pic on its own, but couldnt resist combining last years stuff using Registar.

I am very pleased with the way the Borg & QHY8 work together as regards star colour, even with the 15mins exposures I took this year there is plenty of colour in the stars. Also, although it is tricky to show it without making the rest of the pic look wierd, there is dust detail available in the original right down to the very centre of the core.

At any rate, this is one for a lazy sunday afternoon :icon_salut:

post-14037-13387748692_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks superb TJ :icon_salut:

After reading in today's Sunday Times that the UN has appointed the Malayan astrophysicist, Mazlan Othman, to be Earth's official representative if and when we are contacted by an alien civilisation, I was wondering how many civilisations in M31 are staring back at us. As the Kepler probe has apparently identified 140 Earth size planets out of only 150,000 stars amongst the billions in the Milky Way, there could be millions of civilisations staring back at us from Andromeda alone.

Maybe someone in Andromeda has imaged our Milky Way and thinking that pic looks as cool as yours. It's all mind boggling :(

Anyway, excellent pic TJ - I love it.

Brinders

Really worth all the time and effort Tim a superb M31, one to be proud of. It would be interesting to get some Ha data to add to the mix. It's a shame you didn't run without the CLS filter as this seems to have left a bit of a cast especially around the bright star top right.

Yeh, I noticed that when the subs from this year were rolling in. It was the night you had all those troubles ;) The halo from the filter was accentuated by that bright blue star shining through the wispy cloud. Only where the cloud was heavily illuminated did it start to show up, as it moved very quickly through the sky. I removed the worst subs, but nearly all from this year had some artifacts on.

Again, I tried last year at Kelling 10 mins without the CLS, you just get bad gradients and a mucky brown colour sky :( I am on the hunt for a t-thread IDAS though :icon_salut:

Thanks for all the comments, appreciated.

Probably one of, if not, the nicest images of M31 i've seen. That's a corker mate.

Time well spent indeed.

That looks superb TJ :icon_salut:

After reading in today's Sunday Times that the UN has appointed the Malayan astrophysicist, Mazlan Othman, to be Earth's official representative if and when we are contacted by an alien civilisation, I was wondering how many civilisations in M31 are staring back at us.

Brinders

I wonder if this was connected with the current ongoing UFO disclosure project thing that's going on the US at the moment.

Loads of people from the military harping on about seeing UFO's and wanting the government to release information.

My take on it....faked alien invasion story by the US & UK puppetry society, starts nuclear Armageddon lol.

Sorry for thread hijack. TJ.

Archived