Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Damian Peach's Latest Jupiter at 74 dgrees Alt

AztecastroMcJ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These Images are simply wonderful.

But I bet If Neil took his Europa to Barbados and Imaged Jupiter up at 74 degrees, then you wouldn't get a fag paper between them I'm sure.

I think the same goes for most of the top UK Planetary imagers, because let's face it, Ideal condition here are very few and far between.

Ron.

These Images are simply wonderful.

But I bet If Neil took his Europa to Barbados and Imaged Jupiter up at 74 degrees, then you wouldn't get a fag paper between them I'm sure.

I think the same goes for most of the top UK Planetary imagers, because let's face it, Ideal condition here are very few and far between.

Ron.

Pete's coming pretty close now from Selsey that's for sure..

Mike Salway et al are also hitting it bang on from Oz...

Pete's coming pretty close now from Selsey that's for sure..

Mike Salway et al are also hitting it bang on from Oz...

Quite so Nick.

When I highlighted UK's inhospitable skies, I nearly quoted Selsey as an exception, but then perhaps Pete might have taken exception.:).

Ron.

There's no sustitute for elevation for starters. If you place Damian's unbelievable images on your laptop and tilt the screen gradually towards you, eventually you produce an image as you would expect to see from the UK on average, maybe this tilt in some way correllates to your location, ha ha.

As good as DP one is I must go with those in Neils camp on this one.

Neil's remarkable achievement is in getting this good in such a short period of time. Pete's also pretty close now from the UK to what I am seeing from Barbados.

What I would love to see is what someone like Neil with a pristine collimated 14-16" SCT/skynyx/Televue Powermated rig could do under those skies

Archived