NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 2 delivered yesterday, now have a slight problem. I had planned on borrowing a laptop from the school where my wife works to flash them but over the summer hols they have upgraded all of their machines to Windows 7 :eek:

No problem I thought, we have hundreds of PC's at work running XP. The trouble is that the I.T dept have disabled the USB ports on them! :D

I'm going to have to wait until I visit my Son as he has my old XP desktop, frustrating or what!

Oooh Oooh mine just arrived along with Wayne's nosepiece !

nosepiece cover straight off and onto the nose piece of the LU :)

Spare Uv/IR straight onto the nosepiece for the cam. Lens cover & lens off, camera flashed, K3CCDtools fired up ( for the 1st time since early '09 :D), WcCtrl fired up

BOB'S your Aunty's husband !!

HOW NOSTALGIC !!!!

Running YUY2 codec- may fiddle about with OVCapture later and compressionless codec

this is all toooo eeaasy !!

Ta Rus.

PS those nosepieces on Morgans look very familiar Wayne :eek:

Same here, got my cams and nosepiece about twenty minutes ago. Might try and flash one through virual XP but I have an old XP Sony Vaio coming so will probably wait for that.

Also got my M10 taps turn up so that I can get my adapter sorted out.

IMPORTANT UPDATE/DISCOVERY !

Now I have never attempted to use the w/cam for guiding before but others suggested it could be used with PHD, so out of curiosity I did. No probs with getting an image up BUT here's the BONUS !!

You can also still use WcCtrl alongside !! Heck ! so easy, you alter the cam settings without having to go thru "Cam Dialogue" in PHD- Now I never knew that !!

If you have Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, or Windows 7 Enterprise, you can download a free XP with service pack 3 from Microsoft.

Some more virtual machine info here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/faq.aspx

"Windows Virtual PC is designed specifically for small and mid-sized business users. It is integrated with the Windows 7 shell and Windows XP Mode setup. It also provides support to many USB devices and allows users to run many applications for Windows XP directly from a Windows 7 desktop with a single click. "

Looks useful . . . . .

No good for me, unfortunately. Could have used an old XP licence I suppose, but gave the last XP machine away to a local pensioner. Ho-hum.

I wonder if I can get a dirt cheap netbook with XP Home on it for Xmas?

{starts scheming a cunning plan} :D

Nice one, how did you fix it? Or what did you do wrong :D

Got right up to the .BIN file load into the camera...but there are several websites out there that don't seem to have the correct drivers despite linking to them. (I had downloaded them when I bought the camera on Friday before Russ posted his tutorial) .

Russ' links are sound.

Mine now has a super wideangle fish eye lens for use as a sky cam....

The lens unfortunately comes to focus about a 1mm further out than the existing mount thread would allow so a bodge was required...

A short length of the tube was added to the existing lens mount and then gently shrunk so that the glue softened but not activated allowing it to form to the thread on the lens body without sticking.. So I can still adjust the focus... :D

Once i am happy with the focus the gap between the lend barell and the camera body will be filled with hotmelt...

Peter...

Mine now has a super wideangle fish eye lens for use as a sky cam....

The lens unfortunately comes to focus about a 1mm further out than the existing mount thread would allow so a bodge was required...

A short length of the tube was added to the existing lens mount and then gently shrunk so that the glue softened but not activated allowing it to form to the thread on the lens body without sticking.. So I can still adjust the focus... :D

Once i am happy with the focus the gap between the lend barell and the camera body will be filled with hotmelt...

Peter...

You sound like a man who's good with ideas......I got a super wide fish eye knocking about, and a spare cam from Morgans, but no adaptor to connect to the fisheye (well I've got one but it's slightly to small).....any ideas on how I might get around that? :eek: