Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine came today (a kind neighbour took it in for me). Now I need to order an adaptor and filter. I'll order an adaptor from Wayne. Where's good for a cheap filter (I'm assuming a cheap one will work fine)?

What software do people recommend for capturing images? Is K3CCD still the way to go?

Many thanks Russ for the heads up and everyone elso for all the stirling advice.

Andrew

SharCap is the best imaging software, IMHO. There is a link to it in the first section of the imaging area.

In fact, you'll find it here - http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/112757-sharpcap-free-astro-webcam-capture-software.html

Edited by TheThing
Link added

Ordered mine on Saturday and received it today. I also noticed the recent price increase and the astronomer message. I also noticed that they will be getting the adapters in stock (£9.99) from the 21st of this month. I'm not surprised though at the rate they seem to be selling these cameras.

Flashed mine on my old XP computer before moving it to my Windows 7 x64 laptop, just waiting for the adapter from Wayne to give it a try out. Can't wait.

I bet all this is paying for their staff Christmas lunch this year!

Can you imagine what they must have been thinking when they saw the rate these have been selling at. I bet they expected them to be sitting on the shelf for months if not years!

Although the price has gone up they're still not exactly a rip off price are they? [thinks back to last week and rolls eyes in an ironic fashion]

I see the adaptors look distinctly "Weedonesque"

Edited by haitch

A quick post to say thank you for your interest in the the SPC880'S.

As we have access to many electronics deals and are offered bulk deals on a daily/weekly business are there any other webcams that are ideal for Astronomy?

I will try an look out for spot deals that may help the commnunity

Jonathan

ordered mine sunday, so far nothing arrived, but knowing the speed of the RM around here it could be next week!

PS - why is it that if i'm not in and receive one of those wonderful 'sorry you werent in' notes doe sit take 48 hours before I can go and pick it up from the local sorting office. If I lived out in the sticks, but I'm in Bradford! grrrrrrr. Rant over

AlanB