Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Autumn 2010 Chat Thread

brantuk

Hi Daz

Sounds good =) Looking forward to meeting you at the Star Party,

I Dont know many people that are in to Stargazing, So it would be a real nice few days chating to people knowing that there not daydreaming lol

Brantuk - Thank you for you first reply, I will drop by for a chat =)

Ta all.

Andy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be there again from Tues 7th until Mon 13th. Plot no 383 in the lower part of the red field. Anyone is welcome to call by for a chat.

I will be bringing my Celestron 9.25" and will mainly be observing (as it is ALT-AZ) but may have a go at imaging Jupiter and after recent posts Uranus.

This time I will try to remember to bring a list of where people are.

Dave

Hi all, only a few more weeks to go, can't wait!

Me and the family are going up on the 3rd for 10 days so only 2 weeks for me to wait......

We are on one of the new super pitches, will be taking my Skywatcher Pro 80mm on HEQ5 mount, hoping to do some imaging if i can get it all set up right, so if anybody want's to come round and check my set up for me that would be a great help and the kettle will be ready and waiting or something a little stronger depending on the time of day that is.....

It will also be nice to meet some of you in person..

See you at kelling, and clear skies to you all.....

Neil (Skywatcher 1701)

Hi, starting to get sorted for this now and looking forward to it lots.

I'm on 205 near the other East Midlands Group lads. Looking forward to putting faces to names as well. Ill be wandering around during the day, so if a tallish balding bloke starts talking to you, its only me and Im mostly harmless:D

I had a practice putting the tent up and I think Ive mastered it now, just got food and drink shopping to do now.

Ive decided I will take my 102ED on HEQ5 for imaging and the old Fullerscopes 4" f15 will be there for double star bagging and views of Jupiter to fill in the hours that the imaging rig is on auto, your all welcome to have a look through it.

See you there

Phil

you know where we are Kim,

starting my check list tonight, there`s so much stuff to remember to bring, this is my first avent so is there anything thats a must apart from warm clothing ?

My list runs to two pages - one for astro stuff and one for everything else.

Beer

On the camping side, remember that in bed, you'll loose most of your heat to the ground, not the air. Air beds can cool down very quickly. My configuration is air bed, memory foam mattress topper, sheet, quilt, me + thermals + hat + hot water bottle, quilt, blanket. Toasty. ;)

Beer

On the astro side of things, don't forget the little things like black insulating tape (for blacking out lights + sticking things together), allen keys, tweezers, screw drivers (for fixing things) and sticky back velcro (for holding stuff).

Beer

Dew can be a problem at Kelling Heath, so don't forget a dew shields, hair dryer and/or dew heaters.

Beer

See you there.

(PS Did I mention, don't forget beer?)

(PPS Beer)

Apart from all the cold weather gear (in particular sweat shirt, wooly hat, and track suit bottoms for in bed) and ground insulation (newspaper between the bed and ground is good), make sure all your electrics are sorted.

Red clip on light for inside the tent, red torches (use nail varnish or red cellophane), ehu connector with 4-way socket for: battery chargers, dew heaters, telescopes, ciggy lighter connectors, and a hair dryer. Also plastic bags and sellotape for keeping electrics dry. You will need a decent scope cover if the tent ain't big enough. ;)

Got an Ausy squatter in me camper at the moment, will have to evict him in the next couple of days to clean it out and get it ready for the BIG ONE. We will be on 305 up the top of the red field from Wednesday 8th.

mustnt forget the BEER, WINE and WHISKY or me laptop as we did at the spring event )((*&^^££*&)_)(+)(_*_+

Bob and Trish

My First Starparty as well and really looking forward to it I just hope i have better luck than i have had at our Dark site. LOL but everything is sorted with the ETX now also going to try the WO on the CG5 with a GotoNova system on it. It will need its first time setup But im sure there will be more than enough to help... I am on Pitch 213 a few down from most of the EMS pitches. And hopefully i should be taking thew Caravan and there is plenty of room in there. Iv not towed it for a few years so that should be fun as well...

Right, now I am over the trauma of looking after our bundle of pain.. err... joy... for 5 days while my wife went to Reading music festival, I can now concetrate on getting ready for kelling! Yay, cant wait... including a complete wipe and reinstall of XP on my laptop before the 9th (I tried windows 7, I liked it, but oddly it was a work related issue that prevents me from using it!). No pressure of anything :o

Bigger tent this year, so I can actually stand up when changing, plus I`m bringing the 3G + wifi units for the lower part of the blue field... I just hope the 12ft antenna pole gives us a clear signal to a tower, or it will revert to GPRS speeds :) Got a SQM meter hooked up to record the sky quality for the weekend too.

Got the Wednesday off to pack, then away super early on Thursday 9th.... woohoo!

My First Starparty as well and really looking forward to it I just hope i have better luck than i have had at our Dark site. LOL but everything is sorted with the ETX now also going to try the WO on the CG5 with a GotoNova system on it. It will need its first time setup But im sure there will be more than enough to help... I am on Pitch 213 a few down from most of the EMS pitches. And hopefully i should be taking thew Caravan and there is plenty of room in there. Iv not towed it for a few years so that should be fun as well...

Hi, My wife and myself are in 215. I look forward to meeting you. Fingers crossed for favourable weather.

Regards from Dave. (and Kim)

Hi Phil - be great to see you again (if I manage to get in) next spring lol :o

Andy - glad you made it in the end - cya there matey :)

Think I missed you last spring Steve - I'll make sure I catch up with you this time and say hi :D

Hi Dave and Kim - we're at Red T304 - do drop by and say hi ;)

Archived