SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kelling Autumn 2010 Chat Thread

brantuk

Uhm!! I'm not going to make any comments at all....

LOL.

Mind you guys, the pitches are already on the go, over 80 booked so far already this week. Our normal pitches on the yellow are booked and I had to book 161 as that was the only one in the block available for 2011, 160, 159 146, 147, 148 and many more have already gone and others are filling! you need to phone up NOW! to get anything! they are re-developing the red field and seems most of those people are booking the other fields. I managed to book one pitch and that was that so you may need to get in now. If you wait till you arrive you may be diaapointed and they will not book the red field until november! maybe then people will move back but it's not looking good.

Aparently the organisers knew about this issue 3 weeks ago!

so they knew that bookings were being taken from last Friday! thanks for letting us know ehhh! NOT

P****d off dont enter into it!

I've been going to this star party since 1999 and would be disappointed to see friends who have been supporting it the same not be able to get to it. It's just not on.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I can get it as far as Chesterfield And thats a straight run over from Stockport? to here

Regs Andy

I hope it's OK to put this request on here? I am buying a focuser off fellow SGL member Paxo and he's going to Kelling - unfortunately I am not :)

Is there anyone going there from Manchester/Stockport that would be willing to bring it back with them please?

Cheers and feel free to shout at me if this is inappropriate.

Hope you all have a great time and get some decent conditions.

Cheers

Shane

:blob10:

Hi I can get it as far as Chesterfield And thats a straight run over from Stockport? to here

Regs Andy

cheers Andy

your a gent. I've agreed tonight with Steve to post it rather then mess people about.

thanks for the kind offers and have a great time :blob10:

Looks like the event might have outgrown Kelling now.

Maybe a rest next year might be in order as Andy's already pinched our pitch (only joking Mate).

I feel another trip to Tenerife coming on instead for September 2011.

Anyone up for that?

Amazing food! I was concerned for a while about getting fed and now I'm slightly concerned about having to run to the loo block in the dark! :blob10:

Just off to collect my HEQ5 PRO from another camper and I'll be back to set up my own scopes later tonight.

If you're near the end of the blue area (260/Silver Volvo), look us up for a Jaffa cake & coffee or beer :)

post-18683-13387748077_thumb.jpg

I am getting all set up and leaving late afternoon :blob10: i should get to kelling at around 5-6. Btw any help with the tent on 208 would be much appreciated :) i have put it up before but this time its just me and the wife... its a big tent.

See you all soon!!

Colin

I spent a lot of time when the rain stopped this afternoon letting the scopes dry out from the dew last night and checking the collimation of my 10" Dobbo and aligning the finderscope. I wrapped it in its shroud to protect it from the rain, then DISASTER!!!

A sudden gust of wind blew it over.

The OTA landed right on the finder, so the tube has been well and truly deneted. :D

I don't think I can resolve the issue here, so it has now been put to bed to be sorted out later when I get home.

Sigh!!!!

Does anyone know of any good panel beaters in Northamptonshire?

Morning.. or evening.. If anyone has internet connection then i would be interested in how the sky is and if there are any quick images to make me jealous about not being there tonight. I'm still waiting for jupiter & uranus to get above my treeline here in Cambridge (it is cear tho) Also can anyone see comet Hartley?

Fantastic! 3 minutes... i really must get integration! I want to see this but am just using a cheap 12" dob. Glad to hear it's clear.. Really want to get Uranus from my backyard as i have no imaging equipment that'll be a result for me and my dob.

Well I'm back from 4 night at Kelling Heath and partially unpacked. I had a great time.

It was great to meet up with loads of familiar faces and to make some new aquaintencies (I know that's not how it's spelled but I can't be a***d to check). As usual the people were friendly, the site was great ,and the skies were stunning.

Special thanks go to TJ for all his photoshop help, to MikeP for the help with polar alignment and alignmaster, Daz (aka Shirley) for the Canon cable release serial lead, to Bern for the OAG, to Stephen and Caroline Green for their great company and to all those who let me look through their superb instruments.

Back and unpacked!!

Great weekend again, always a pleasure to meet old friends and new :D

Apologies I didn't get round to saying hi to everyone (where does the time go??) so I'll try harder in Spring :eek:

Right, off to catch up with the processing!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome in the east midlands group. was nice to meet lots of SGL ppl.... thanks Mick for letting me take a look through his awsome Lightbridge and Micheal for letting me try some EP's :D He let me try his Ethos... brave brave man.

and thanks Brantuk for calling me Chris all weekend :eek: lol

Colin

Jut got home.

A few pitch issues but other then that a fantastic week.

Thanks to Dave E and Phil S for their help and guidenace over the days it was clear with imaging tips. All new to me as ya know but willing to learn.

Here are some of the fruits of my labour trying the 1000D @ prime focus on my Skywatcher Startravel 80mm. (I dont think these are bad given that 80mm scope has been around the world, in the hold of many aircraft, bashed around and isnt meant to be up to much!)

I know they arent top notch but we all have to start somewhere. I am pleased as punch with them anyhow! I cant wait to try some more.

post-17369-133877481849_thumb.jpg

post-17369-133877481857_thumb.jpg

Archived