Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Autumn 2010 Chat Thread

brantuk

Another great weekend. Really sums up what a star party is all about.

Great companions, variable weather, lots of booze, and when the skies do clear... Ya can't beat it!

Ill 3rd that :eek: Got to thank TJ for all his help with camera and proccessing. Good to meet Di and Kim, great nieghbours plus meeting all the familiar faces and friends.

Got some images to post (my 1st DSO :D) but they are TIFFs, how does one convert a TIFF into a JPEG ?. Some pics of scopes etc, still have to unload camper and retrieve camera, will post later.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how does one convert a TIFF into a JPEG ?. Some pics of scopes etc, still have to unload camper and retrieve camera, will post later.

Are you using Deep Sky Stacker? If so, a quick and easy method is (under the "Processing" menu) select "Copy current picture to clipboard" and then simply paste it into your favourite image editing software. I used Paint.NET in this way to save my own first DSO's from the event :D

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and kind, really enjoyed the trip. I had some of the best views / first views of things that I'm still amazed by.

But the great company is what makes meets like this really special, the clear skies are a fantastic bonus. Cheers!

PS I am very jealous of those of you with the cool Xbox controller thingies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

anyone know the contact details for Richard? (I idnt get his second name) he is the big guy who has just retuned home from New Zealand. He was on the yellow field wih one of the new Kendrick tents and a white van, he was the guy with that amazing £5k solar filter on the huge refractor. Cheers for any help, Andy

Archived