Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Autumn 2010 Chat Thread

brantuk

Well Kelling's just around the corner and I for one am getting as excited as a kid in a sweet shop lol !

Feel free to chat here so we all know who's going, which pitch you're on, what it you're bringing, what you're selling, what interesting projects you'll be engaging in, and .... anything else you fancy really.

We'll be on T304 and hoping to try our luck at astro photography for the first time. Be nice to meet up with anyone who fancies dropping round for a chat/drink/laugh etc.

Cheers :p

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate Dave and I are on the red field (pitch 332 I think). We'll try to remember pop-in and say hi.

I'm bringing my new portable rig - an Orion 80ED with a 50mm guidescope mounted on an HEQ5 with a Canon 1000D camera. I'll be trying a bit of imaging, mainly of galaxies.

I've just found out that the 2011 star party will clash with my youngest's 21st birthday. That will be the first Autumn Kelling star party I have missed in 5 years. I'll probably go to the Salisbury Star Party instead.

Oh yes, the excitements now building nicely.

I've already printed off my tick list of things to bring.

My mate Steve and I are in our usual pitch 161 on the yellow field.

Pop in for a cuppa, or something stronger (depending on time of day, of course).

Michael - be smashing to meet you - be prepared for a grilling on imaging though lol I'm starting from zilch so got a lot to learn :p

Eagleseye - yup we're excited too - we made it our main holiday this year - all our astro gear is in one place so our tick list is "grab everything in sight" lol :)

Mugshot and pitch already up on SteveL's - http://stargazerslounge.com/star-parties/106085-kelling-sept-2010-mugshots-thread.html

Taking the 12" newt and a list of feint fuzzies to go for!! The ED80 will also come (in case and/or as a backup).

Will certainly go a-wandering :p Kettle on Dave!!!

Looking forward to meeting new peeps as well! Best go start on my list then.....

Hi All can anyone from experience suggest a good quality hotel in the vicinity of Kelling Heath,Cromer/Sheringham that would be suitable for me dear old dad, week commencing 6thSept,he wants to attend the starparty but does not do camping!

Regards

Mike

Being very popular with both holiday makers and birdwatchers, north Norfolk is very well catered for in terms of hotels and some very nice B&Bs. I would suggest tripadvisor.com for independent reviews. Kelling Heath also have numerous self-catering chalets on site.

Hi everyone, I'm starting to get excited about this too. I have every intention of enjoying myself whatever the weather does and I'm going to do my damnedest to wander round and say hello to everyone. Those nearest to the loos will get most frequent visits. :p

Mike

Hi all

Im new to this website, Plus its my first star party coming up! Looking fowerd to it =) Im taking my Tal-2m & 80t on my Eq6 Mount, Planning to get some pictures with My Image souce ccd & Canon 450.

I havent aligned my EQ Yet, Just been to busy with work plus bad weather, My need some tips =) Im think im in the Blue camp as i booked late.

I arrive on the Wednesday 8th till Saturday

Thanks all =)

Andy

Andy

Make sure to wander down the bottom end of the blue field and say hello, and we'll happily get you and your kit set up.

And follow the link I posted to get your mugshot on Steve's page :)

@brantuk - looking forward to meeting you as well :)

@badgerchap - get a wanted advert up on Astro Buy Sell (and here of course) - they are usually one or two drop-outs and you might be lucky. As for booking next year (and you don't get there this year) start phoning at 8am!!

Badger - hope you get a booking eventually. Don't know how far away you are but you can allways turn up for a night and kip in the carpark. That was our first experience of Kelling lol. I'd suggest Sat/Sun on the main weekend.

Good luck to you :)

@badgerchap - get a wanted advert up on Astro Buy Sell (and here of course) - they are usually one or two drop-outs and you might be lucky.

Every year I've been there have been some empty pitches where people just don't turn up. If you want to chance it you could turn up and hope that someone has cancelled or failed to turn up. (A bit risky!)

Great stuff Badger - do drop in for a cuppa and say hi. :)

Lol Harry - yup there's a lot of dribbling and drooling goes on - specially me :)

Michael's right - every time we've been there were a few empty pitches - worth a chance when the worst that can happen is a night in the car - bring a warm sleeping bag just in case :hello2:

Hehe Michael's idea sounds the most fun - knowing my luck though, it'll be the first year when everyone comes and I'll be sleeping behind the toilets! Or, alternatively, one could spend an entire night observing until morning, then track someone down who has a coronado - no need for sleep at all then!

Archived