Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another 4 very bright ISS passes tonight

Tim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - I stepped out about 10:25pm last night to catch the space station going over. I walked down the road to go round to the green where the views are better and suddenly saw the moon just above the houses to my left.

It was just as you described and I couldn't resist getting the binocs on it. As I was looking I suddenly noticed a light whent on in a bedroom and some woman looking daggers at me so I promptly walked off to the green (bit caught out by my innocent enthusiasm there lol).

Anyway - got round to the green - saw the ISS very clearly - walked home the other way to find "her indoors" outdoors looking at the ISS too. Smashing views - it was up there for around 6 mins in all.

There were 2 or 3 other passes last night but it doesn't leave a contrail :D

Just saw the ISS drift accross the sky at 22.55. Very bright - couldn't have been any other satellite. Thought of chasing it with my telescope, but it slews too slowly.

Just had a wish I had a camera with me experience. As I was watching the ISS go over at 00.38.

As it got to the SE sky, the best meteor I have ever seen crossed the sky behind it. The meteor must have left a 50 meter trail of bright orange...stunning. Now the both of them in one shot would be tops.

Wow - a lot of viewings coming up. i've yet to see this, previously it has always been too cloudy when good viewings have come up. Sky looks like it will be clear tonight so I will be out at 11.26 :D

I Saw it last night ,big ball of light very bright indeed and very fast! caught it with my 20x50 bins but too wobbly to see any detail ..if you type in iss in the find object tool in stellerium with the satellites plugin loaded you can track it i think ..can anyone confirm this as im not 100 percent sure???

post-19424-133877458681_thumb.jpg

Yeah i used the plugin and it was spot on. Saw it very clearly on sunday night, it past directly overhead and I'm sure I could see the solar panels with the naked eye because it was so big and bright and the seeing was very good.

Saw it again last night but not anywhere near as clear.

Archived