Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another 4 very bright ISS passes tonight

Tim

The ISS is always nice to watch as it glides across the night sky.

For those that aren't aware, the Heavens Above website gives the exact times of visibility from your location.

Most of the UK should be able to see it go over tonight four times, with a max mag of -3.8!!

I always raise a glass to the intrepid crew on board as they go over :rolleyes:

Heavens-Above Home Page

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see the first pass?

I think I did. It moves over fairly fast yeah? I'm sure it can't have been a plane, would have been very coincidental if it was!

Although I can't see the moon, seems low down here :D

I've found some 8x30 binoculars in the house. Will I be able to see it any better with them or are they not good enough?

Just saw it, completely by accident!! I went out to turn off the sprinkler (softening up the veg. patch so we can weed it tomorrow !), and there was this brilliant light moving at a stately pace, right across the sky above my garden. I checked it out on Heavens above and there it was! What a piece of luck.

The next pass is in just over an hour's time. maybe I'll stay up ...:D

N

Yes, it will be much brighter on the next run.

I havent seen this imaged on here in quite a while, close up like. What an opportunity for a PoW as it is with us for well over a week, plenty of time to practise :D

woohoo! heavens above only gives me the 01.07am. erm where is the track west to east just above the moon?

If you are looking at the moon, it will come from the right hand side, pass over it, and fade off into the left of the moon. Probably reach a peak of brightness just after passing over the moon.

Just saw it, completely by accident!! I went out to turn off the sprinkler (softening up the veg. patch so we can weed it tomorrow !)

Dont forget the good old hoe, in this weather, weeds disturbed and left on the surface will wither and die very quickly, and their nutrients they have pinched will be returned to the soil. Dont leave seed heads out though :D

They do say the ISS is almost bright enough to be seen in daylight, if you know where to look. Its all the solar panels reflecting the suns light that makes it so bright.

Dont forget the good old hoe, in this weather, weeds disturbed and left on the surface will wither and die very quickly, and their nutrients they have pinched will be returned to the soil. Dont leave seed heads out though :D
Fine for the shallow-rooted stuff, but the taprooty things just come back from the hoe, so we dig 'em out and compost 'em ;-)

I'm just off outside to see if I can pick up the next pass, starts in 5 minutes, so here's hoping. Good luck to all the other hopeful spotters out there.

N

the best bet is register as a user. you then get automatically guided to add a site and then your settings are defaulted to this site.

then click the ISS etc and the date on the left and it brings up a timing sheet plus a link to a map showing the passage.

don't know if this will work ok but here's the link off my page

ISS - Visible Passes

Archived