Narrowband

Imaging Day - South

daz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about at the Salisbury star party camp site and make a weekend of it?

Great idea if it was possible to properly black out the room, but IIRC it has clear panels in the roof.

Darned good butchers nearby for a barbecue though.

Combine it with the SSP in August?

Cheers

Rob

Swindon seems like a popular choice, driven there a few times for work, think its only a 2 hour drive from where I am.

Do you have any rough idea on when you'd like to do this as I'm not able to drive at the moment with my back.

Swindon sounds good to me too :) Only about an hour from where I live...

I hope that one of these days gets put on somewhere close to me, as Gloucestershire seems to be slap bang in the middle of nowhere. The "midlands" thread seems to want to go way north... And then this southern one might get pulled down to the coast :S

Tricky tricky tricky. I guess we'll see what the majority prefer and where the biggest uptake will be... :mad: I don't envy the ones having to make the final call!

Great idea if it was possible to properly black out the room, but IIRC it has clear panels in the roof.

Darned good butchers nearby for a barbecue though.

Combine it with the SSP in August?

Cheers

Rob

I was chatting to the owners last year and they told me they planned to install a mezzanine first floor and have blackout blinds fitted. They were talking about renting it out for conferences during quieter spells.

• 2 weeks later...

All roads lead to the M25, so somewhere just off there would be good. I wouldn't fancy the West country (Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon, Somerset etc) as they are a bit off the beaten track.

Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Middlesex, Berkshire are all within easy reach of major transportation networks.

Dare I say London (i.e. within M25, although this encompasses many of the counties already mentioned) - all roads lead there - see M25 comment above - and all major train lines terminate there. It's well served for local transport and in addition, nearly a third of the country's entire population live within the M25 (that's more people then in the whole of Spain!)

• 4 months later...

Bristol area would be good for the south (although still a 3 hour+ trek) links m4/m5 corridors... any further thoughts on dates? (or did I miss them going through the thread?). Abroad would be great apart from the costs involved :/

Archived