Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Invent a name for the disease

TopHouse

I've discovered a disease but I don't have a name for it yet, the disease is caused by buying a telescope, usually your first, the symptoms are, every time you go outside your head immediately jolts upwards as you inspect the sky for clouds, this can be particularly dangerous if you have steps at the front or back of your house.

The disease is worsened by darkness as the symptoms become even more acute within the hours of darkness, this can be compounded even more if you are a smoker and don't smoke in your house so fairly frequent visits outside are required.

in severe cases it can also be accompanied by outburts of tourettes like symptoms.

What's more, the disease can also have a side effect in that the accumulated frustrations can result in contstantly trolling over astronomy based websites posting nonsensical and trivial messages.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another symptom to add. Red markings around the neck.

Following the normal sympoms already publicised, you go out into the garden at night, the head performs the classic 'tilt up' as you continue to walk, the body goes into autopilot, but being an imperfect autopilot you garrot yourself on the washing line!

Possible cure for the above, keeping an eye out for longstreets electronic cane (showing my age now)

Near-miss road accidents is another symptom...

Another common symptom is perceived by others as paranoia of intruders or other unwelcome visitors outside your house because you anxiously peer through the curtains at regular intervals. In fact you are just checking cloud cover... Or for the postman...

Sadly there's no cure that I know of. I've had a severe case of Chronic Obsessive Astrophiia for over three years now: the doctors are at a loss (but have at least found a name), the wife is at wit's end, and my financial advisor has long given up.

Andrew

I thought it was called Godshavingalaughatmeitis with minor symptoms of sunnydayscloudynightsolic.

There is no cure, as you pour over the magazines and websites you will purchase more and this only compounds the above symptoms causing you to browse the magazines and websites some more, buying more gear that adds to the disease that leads you to browse the...

In the end you find the house full of astro gear, the bank account empty, no hair on your head and a lunatic smile on your face.;)

Great, isn't it.;)

Archived