Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided that tonight I am going to do some observing. So shall be planning getting there for about 7 to set my gear up. If the skies are good, then it could be a great night. Hope some of you can make it. :)

PM me, Steve_bham or Wulfrunian your number and we will pass on details of our location.

Clear Skies

OK

Just got home, really miffed that I couldn't make it tonight, the skies look superb! If I didn't have to get up early tomorrow then I'd get the scope out now - but I do :) Hope you had a great night at the farm!

Hello,

I expressed an interest a while back in meeting up but then took on an evening job which spolied everything. I only work Friday evenings now, so if there is room for one more and his scope I would be interested (I live near Dudley)

Thanks

Well that was a great night. Many thanks to you Steve for sharing a great site with us. (And the land owner of course. We really need to get him something). Its such a shame you were unable to make it this evening. Clear skies from 20.30 till 03.00 this morning until a little dew started to roll in and it also started to get light. That's about the point I decided to pack away. Didn't realise the Milkyway could be seen from such a location. Clear skies for the next one. Let's make it soon.

Thanks again

Orions Knight

Well that was a great night. Many thanks to you Steve for sharing a great site with us. (And the land owner of course. We really need to get him something). Its such a shame you were unable to make it this evening. Clear skies from 20.30 till 03.00 this morning until a little dew started to roll in and it also started to get light. That's about the point I decided to pack away. Didn't realise the Milkyway could be seen from such a location. Clear skies for the next one. Let's make it soon.

Thanks again

Orions Knight

Glad you had a good time by time i finished the works party it was late and a bit worse for it! Def agree we should get the owner something. Lets hope the weather is the same for next sat.

It was a good night. Good to look at the moon and when that disappeared and went dark, I then went for the bright "M's".

Galaxies, Globulars and nebulars. Found most of them all with the GOTO mind. Must need to refine my polar aligning though. That was a little off.

Yes. Should be ok for next week then. Will be in touch mid week for up dates and general chat.

Clear skies

OK

My plans for Saturday night were scuppered by the wife's plans for an impromptu BBQ with friends coming over. Only positive was that they, and their kids, (and mine but they're not usually up that late) are more interested in my scope than the wife so was able to give them a butchers through it in the back garden at the Moon and Saturn.

Oh well maybe next time.

Sorry I missed the meet-up, guys.

I actually did a lot of observing on Saturday night, but as I've just spent a hefty wad of money on having a patio laid (for the purposes of observing and barbecuing) I thought I'd better use it.

I feel suitably justified now!

I'm glad you had a good night's observing.

Will no doubt see you in the future. :)

Hi all.

Tonight (Saturday 29th) is not going to be a good night for observing with the prediction of cloud and rain following through to Sunday, but the weather forecasts predict a clear evening on Sunday night followed by a sunny day on Monday. Sounds good to me.

So, on that note, If all goes to plan, I shall be observing and if you can make it too, why not come along and enjoy a great sky from horizon to horizon. :)

Clear skies all

OK

Sometimes you just cant win.

Well I got out tonight and the skies were clear to some extent but with very high wispy cloud. The only problem I really had was with quite a moderate wind blowing. Putting both these factors together I decided to quit while I was ahead and, well, there's always next week ( :- )).

OK

Archived