Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

Hope to see ya all soon, I have a spare scope at the mo, an Omni 127 on a EQ3-2, I can bring it along for other's to use, but it will need colliminating, my tools and knowledge are limited.

Anyways, I'll keep my eye out for ya posts and hope to meet up. Where ever it is, I have one other to bring (dan) and can fit another with kit (big 4x4)

Tim

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday night, I will be celebrating Mum's 60th, but I am around on Saturday night...mind you, the forecast is for light rain...but I'm choosing to be optimistic! Would really like to meet up and observe again. :(

hello all

thanks to lulu and orions knight for lettin me know about this thread:)

i don't know my area too well as i've just moved up here from london(just to clarify i'm irish) and i don't drive :(

i live in the b30 postcode which is south birmingham and to be honest when ya look away from the city the skies do be pretty clear, i've got a nice big south facin garden BUT their is some trees at the bottom,its not perfect but it does give good views se-e direction and i could peek through the trees at the bottom i'm sure

i bought this today Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2 with a moonfilter and torch,i have starry night pro so i think i'm more or less set to commence viewing on tuesday night weather permitting

hope to meet up with ye all in the near future or maybe sgl5,just booked my ticket today

i think a lot of ye congress north of birmingham from what i can gather from this thread,anyone closer to me ?

thanks ken :D

Hi Kesom, Welcome to the thread and to SGL! I am located central brum but I work in south brum, I think most others come from north birmingham way. If you do want to come to any meets where we can both manage to attend then if you like, as you dont drive, I wouldnt mind picking you up :( I am still waiting for clear skies where I can actually make it out .. when Im free its cloudy and when Im not its clear... prob is I dont have a garden so I pretty much rely on grab and go and then hope for the best. :D

Glad to hear it Trace. And it wont be long now for a decent clear sky.

On another note, I see that a few members are looking to do some star parties. I hope your skies are clear and you have lots of fun. Tell us about your coming SP's.

My SP is the 13th -18th at Kelling and am so looking forward to the trip. Its awesome.

All the best

OK

Hi Lulu. How you keeping ?

SGL5 next Thursday eh. Awesome. Hope you have a great time there. I may do SGL6 next year, depends on what Kelling has to offer this April and September. Been going there since Spring 2004.

Love the camping side of it too.

OK

I am up for it this Saturday.

Frustrating haven't been able to get the dob out in the garden recently due to re-landscaping so am feeling rather eager.

I'll be coming from Brownhills (WS8) so if anyone is roughly between me and there pm me and let me know (room for 2 people or 1 person and a medium size scope)

Imgoing to be mountless till next Saturday when i get a CG5 GT mount as selling my Nexstar mount. But fingers crossed it clear :)

Steve,

I could lend you a motorised (non-goto) CG5 for the evening on Saturday. Let me know if you want me to bring it along.

Regards

Paul

Archived