Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS Moon Transit 28 Dec 09

qcdougn

I was lucky to catch this single frame with my CPC-1100 scope @f6.3 and DMK-31 mono camera.

I worked hard to set up for this. But, being in the right place for the crucial 1/2 sec. is a gamble. It's a little blurry...But, over all I'm happy with it.

post-12989-13387741756_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the kind remarks...Yes, I did use CalSky for the predictions. I was disappointed at first that it had mislead me since I never saw anything in the sky. But, the ISS was not catching any reflections...So it was in the stealth mode....Darn Klingon vessel .... I have regained trust in the Calsky notifications....

Cheers,

Doug

Thank you all for the kind remarks...Yes, I did use CalSky for the predictions. I was disappointed at first that it had mislead me since I never saw anything in the sky. But, the ISS was not catching any reflections...So it was in the stealth mode....Darn Klingon vessel .... I have regained trust in the Calsky notifications....

Cheers,

Doug

That is a fantastic picture... so, if you couldn't see it how did you know when to take the picture? Or were you taking video frames and hoping? I can certainly believe it took quite a bit of setting up!

Archived