Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whos out tonight??

johnnyp

JohhnyP! i have the exact same book!! what are the odds lol, present from the gf..making a good read infront of the radiator :D

cant miss at 6.99 fella. lol its very clear now (1:53) but ive finished off a bottle of baileys with a mate, now im goin to finish off with a quick half hour with the binos and then im done:)

Night all

John

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still clear here in Taunton... unfortunately the same can't be said for my filters which I've just realised are filthy, after lots of imaging of course. Little clouds keep scudding through my field of view and the Jaffa cakes have run out... but hey, I'm still out. :D

James

The reinstall of drivers worked

Back in for a cuppa and a fresh set of batteries for the street light tamer

done couple of clusters unguided with the 1000d while looking through the dob

great stuff

Might need to put another pair of socks on

Steve

I'm wimping out now

spotted ngc2903 with the 12" before I ran out of charged batteries for the SL tamer

now the pda has given up the ghost so no control for the imaging rig

quick tot then bed for me

a big day saturday cable hunting and the PC back in the obs

I could be some time

Steve

First session was solar obs. this lunchtime, had a look at the sun spots.

After sunset it was Jupiter, then mars, then a go at Cassieopia, but she was too awkward (directly overhead), then clouds and general non-astro duties.

Crashed out on the sofa around 23:30 until 04:00 or so, whereupon I noticed how clear the sky was, so binos out first just having a scoot about trying to identify things (no sucess yet!!!), scope out and try to get a decent look at Saturn, but I'm struggling with the smaller EPs/Barlow just now. Mars was showing very clear and distinctly in the 25 mm, but again, the smaller EPs letting me down.

Cassie was now low and to the west, got to look at the double cluster between here and Persius, which was rather thrilling. As I started to look for The great nebular in Andromeda, the clouds had started to scuttle back in. So that looks like it for me tonight/this moroning.

Oh yes, it's chuffin' freezin'!

What a great night! :D At last.

I just finsihed my darks and flats at 8am this morning, just before leaving for work.

Temp dropped to -5 at its coldest. I think for the first time I can remember, I have taken 8 hrs 40 mins worth of lights, in 20 min and 15 min subs, and not lost a single one to cloud. Didnt have PHD ping once, not even once :) Of course my new FLO pier will be helping with that, it was great to have the first alignment star dead centre from turning on, what a time saver.

The pics are just stacking now, i'll post later if I get a chance. Seriously need some kip now. Hmmmm, working till five, going out at 6pm tonight.... erm....

Archived