Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 19th October

Clayton

This was from my first avi from tonight at about 8:15pm. The seeing was about 8/10 but quickly went downhill to about 6/10 so this may be the best??

I was using my 8"newt f6, 2x barlow this is 300/1200 frames @1/50sec, 10fps

Registax V5 and CS3 for levels

The shadow is of Europa which is just visible to the right of the planet

post-16237-133877405389_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was from my first avi from tonight at about 8:15pm. The seeing was about 8/10 but quickly went downhill to about 6/10 so this may be the best??

I was using my 8"newt f6, 2x barlow this is 300/1200 frames @1/50sec, 10fps

Registax V5 and CS3 for levels

The shadow is of Europa which is just visible to the right of the planet

Clayton

you have done it again:D

great job, amazing image

could you let us know what camera you used and what fps?

Many Thanks

Thanks all for your kind remarks

Clayton

you have done it again:D

great job, amazing image

could you let us know what camera you used and what fps?

Many Thanks

I used a Toucam 840k 10fps, 1/50sec. I think the biggest factor was I just got lucky with the seeing for a short time just after sunset. ;)

Do you see any difference betwenn Toucam 840 k and SPC900?

are they all modded?

Sorry I can't really help you with this as the 840k is the only relatively modern camera I have used. I believe that the hardware is the same and the 840k can be flashed to essentially turn it into an SPC900??.

The camera I have is modded for long exposure but I don't use that option for Jupiter, and I am not aware of it affecting it's normal performance in any way. The camera is on loan to me from a friend, maybe if it were mine I would have asked those questions.;) I will ask Darryl, or if he is reading this he may like to answer you directly :)

Sorry I can't really help you with this as the 840k is the only relatively modern camera I have used. I believe that the hardware is the same and the 840k can be flashed to essentially turn it into an SPC900??.

The camera I have is modded for long exposure but I don't use that option for Jupiter, and I am not aware of it affecting it's normal performance in any way. The camera is on loan to me from a friend, maybe if it were mine I would have asked those questions.;) I will ask Darryl, or if he is reading this he may like to answer you directly :)

Please Darryl, do tell :)

That is a very crisp and clear image.

Geoff

Thanks folks, I am very tempted to try processing a bit harder out of curiousity, but am afraid that I will ruin the effect :)

Maybe one day ;):hello2:

I actually applied very little PP (post processing), much less than usual for me :)

Hi Clayton as has been noted nice understated processing, less is often more. lovely colour balance. If you ever get seeing like that again try up to a 4x barlow.if you dont have one 2 barlows can be stacked.or get a 3 inch tubeing with your 2x for greater magnfication. you will certainly get more detail,Though focusing will be harder.And Jupiter past its best now. Still worth a try hope you agree. very natural here like it a lot.

I agree that is very nice! The shadow is very well caught, can see the moon on my screen but thats probably my screen.

I am so envious of you guys that manage to get these fantastic planet shots. I really struggle, but it is always a pleasure to see a nice image!

Ant

Thanks guys

Don't be envious Ant (unless it provides inspiration)

You have some nice gear there. I'm not sure where you are but when Jupiter is near opposition and well elevated I'm sure you will do as well or better. Provided you get out and practice. My first shots were very ordinary by comparison, and I attribute my improvement mainly to experience gained by having a go. I actually have a lesser telescope now in terms of size and quality than when I began imaging. So I encourage you to keep trying.

Thanks guys

Don't be envious Ant (unless it provides inspiration)

You have some nice gear there. I'm not sure where you are but when Jupiter is near opposition and well elevated I'm sure you will do as well or better. Provided you get out and practice. My first shots were very ordinary by comparison, and I attribute my improvement mainly to experience gained by having a go. I actually have a lesser telescope now in terms of size and quality than when I began imaging. So I encourage you to keep trying.

Clayton

what kind of mighty Newtonian scope you use?;):)

Archived