Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead/Flame/M42/Running Man from Kelling

SteveL

As a quick "ooooh look its cleared the trees!" kind of target, I managed to get this quickly before the thick patch of clouds rolled in early Monday morning.

Mount: EQ6 via EQMOD

OTA: Borg 77EDII @ f/4.3

Guiding: SW ED80 + SX Lodestar + Maxim

Imaging: Starlight Xpress M25C + MaximDL, 2×600s, Hutech IDAS... yes, just two frames!

Orchestrated: CDD Commander

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: PSCS2 + PixInsight

Gotta love the HDR Wavelets in PixInsight to bring out the detail in M42 :o I cant believe how much of the faint brown whispy stuff its showing already in the background from just 20 minutes of exposures.

Roll on winter, so I can see this target from my garden.

(Click on image for a larger version)

20090920_horsehead_m42_800.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt even stack this one until this evening, I didnt think it would be any good. I was hoping for at least an hour on it before the clouds rolled in.

Looking at this, I dont think I will ever remove the Borg from the mount... ever! :o

Cracking result from 2x10 Mins.

The Borg sitting on the mount looks small, but defiant.

It has an arrogance, but with justification. If you tried to take it down I think the little B----r would bite you Steve.:o

Worth every meg. you paid for it.

Ron.

Archived