High(ish) res mosaic 15.08.09 (1.6 Mb!)

Nick Smith

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments!

What's the spec Nick?

Superb btw...truly superb

Well, Nick. The full-full-sized (ie at the scale actually spat out by the camera) is around 40 mp. This would print out at about 2 metres high at 100 dpi, or 2.8 metres at 72 dpi. Not quite up to the world record spec, but I do have a few more of these to process taken at at larger phase when the seeing was better. It will probably take me a while to do these as there is quite a bit of work involved in getting everything sharp across every frame etc.

Cheers Nick

Thanks again guys!

You see the Sinus Iridium? All these craterlets? This is the first image that I've seen that shows them as I observed them one night with great seeing (but at a higher sun angle).

The craterlets are easier to see under a higher sun angle. Here's an image of the area I took the previous night (14th August). I don't know the exact resolution of this, but I would have thought some of the craterlets are smaller than 1km.

Nick

original.jpg

Archived