Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

As some of you may know my wife was recentley diagnosed with breast cancer. Her treatment is going very well and all appears to be good for the future.

It does however make you re-evaluate your life, aims and wishes.

We have both come to the conclusion that we must live for the now not the tomorrows.

SO.......

We have both adjusted our jobs to work 3 days a week and have 4 day weekends to ourselves. We are getting ourselves a motorhome and trailer and will spend as much time as possible in areas with dark skies, here and Europe.

I am ordering a 25" Obsession as it has been a dream for a long time plus the purchase of an imaging rig for Dawn as she is very keen to have a go, inspired by Astro baby and others that women can enjoy this wonderful hobby.

We have took a deep breath and actioned these changes, so no going back.:)

Now i need a dongle for the laptop so i can access the forum on the road.

We aim to be much more active over the comming months and hopefully years.

Thanks for listening

John and Dawn.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are doing a fantastic thing John. It's going to make yours and Dawn's life much better.

Will that 25" beast fit into your camper van, if i remember right it wasn't that big was it.

Thanks for all the comments.

Hi Mick

We are purchasing a much larger motorhome that we can eventually live in full time once Dawn has the all clear. The scope is going in a purpose built trailer.

The plan is then to sell up completely and spend life on the road. Much still to do but we have started putting everything into place.

Best regards

John and Dawn

This thread is very moving; having had a few shocking life - challenging experiences myself, being four years further down the road in the "quality, not quantity" lifestyle and having no regrets. Nothing is certain.

VERY heartening to read indeed, and I pray for years of happiness, great health and MANY clear skies!

Please keep us updated with your progess, with your wife and your astro-endeavours!! :)

This is a fantastic idea and as a 'caravanner' from the age of 5, I thoroughly recommend the 'open road'. My wife Jane and I have often considered this sort of lifestyle change as it has much to commend it and although the circumstances that have brought it about for you are difficult, I am sure that you will have made the right decision.

I wish you both the very best for the future and look forward to reading of your exploits.

In answer to the title of this thread, Just what i wish i had the bottle to do...

Good on both you and Dawn for breaking free and realising what's important before its too late.

Enjoy!!!!!

Well John WHAT CAN I SAY I wish you both health and happiness for the future and as Jamie said i just wish i had the bottle to do the same as life is to short it is sad that it take's something drastic for us to realise what it is all about money at the end of the day is not what counts we all think to much about money instead of living life to the full we all should take a step back and think what really matters at the end of the day life is for living and not for working I must say LIVE LONG AND ENJOY EVERYTHING LIFE THROW'S AT YOU I wish you both a long life ,health,love and happiness

so go n do it

Best wishes to you both the world awaits the brave

Tom. xx

Archived