SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Svbony zoom EPs on sale

Zermelo

I just noticed that Svbony have a sale on eBay at the moment for both their 7.2mm-21.6mm and 9mm-27mm zooms.

These have been discussed before on the forum, they are SVBONY's versions of eyepieces that are made under various labels. If you already had your eye on one, or both, now might be a good time.

Confusingly, both versions are called "SV191" - if you search for that, you will find each zoom available separately, or the pair for £46.99 posted.

• Like 3

Was just looking at that eyepiece today (9-27 version) :D

Unfortunately - seller might not ship to Serbia (as per ebay notice)

Anyone fancies the trouble of getting one and then reselling / posting it to me :D

Just got one delivered the other day. The 9-27mm. Fantastic build quality for £22.99. Yet to try it out but so far, I've found the zoom ring to be extremely stiff. Perhaps it will loosen with a good few turns.

On 23/08/2023 at 21:46, vlaiv said:

Anyone fancies the trouble of getting one and then reselling / posting it to me

@vlaiv - I would be happy to buy and forward on at cost. I think you can be trusted😆 I assume this one:

SVBONY SV191 Telescope Eyepiece 9-27mm Zoom lens 1.25inch Super-Wide Angle FMC 714559019061 | eBay

I am guessing it would be about £10 to send from here to Serbia.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clarkey said:

@vlaiv - I would be happy to buy and forward on at cost. I think you can be trusted😆 I assume this one:

SVBONY SV191 Telescope Eyepiece 9-27mm Zoom lens 1.25inch Super-Wide Angle FMC 714559019061 | eBay

I am guessing it would be about £10 to send from here to Serbia.

Doesn't it seem like the 9mm circle should be 50% larger in diameter than the 27mm circle in this ad photo?

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Doesn't it seem like the 9mm circle should be 50% larger in diameter than the 27mm circle in this ad photo?

spacer.png

While I've been very happy with their products, I have noticed that Svbony's sales literature (or that of their resellers?) could do with a bit of expert subediting.

Part of this is just less-than-perfect translation into English, but it seems that the graphic designers are sometimes given a bit too much freedom. There's another example that raised a smile, in that same zoom listing:

image.png.570183bb9dcaa61910b246866cf6d670.png

• Haha 13

10 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

There's currently one 3-8 on ebay for £119.99.

I bought one of them a couple of weeks ago as it was the best price that I have seen. Not had a chance to use it yet but certainly it has the feel and the heft of a quality item, so I am optimistic...🙂

• Like 2

On 23/08/2023 at 20:50, Zermelo said:

I just noticed that Svbony have a sale on eBay at the moment for both their 7.2mm-21.6mm and 9mm-27mm zooms.

These have been discussed before on the forum, they are SVBONY's versions of eyepieces that are made under various labels. If you already had your eye on one, or both, now might be a good time.

Confusingly, both versions are called "SV191" - if you search for that, you will find each zoom available separately, or the pair for £46.99 posted.

Thanks for posting this - I have ordered the set of two - don't think I need both, but it gives me the chance to compare at a silly price. Each eyepiece is still selling higher individually than this on Amazon from the same seller (Retevis). I was a bit sceptical of the Ebay listing (too good to be true!) but it is possibly shipping direct from Germany rather than from in the UK. Worst case scenario is reclaiming the money via Ebay & Paypal if nothing turns up. 

I already have the 3-8mm zoom so this gives me a handy 2 eyepiece set to for my travel kit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

Thanks for posting this - I have ordered the set of two - don't think I need both, but it gives me the chance to compare at a silly price. Each eyepiece is still selling higher individually than this on Amazon from the same seller (Retevis). I was a bit sceptical of the Ebay listing (too good to be true!) but it is possibly shipping direct from Germany rather than from in the UK. Worst case scenario is reclaiming the money via Ebay & Paypal if nothing turns up. 

I already have the 3-8mm zoom so this gives me a handy 2 eyepiece set to for my travel kit.

I've bought from Retevis on Amazon previously on Amazon and not had any issues if that helps put the mind at rest, they often reduce prices on things, I bought 2 helical focusers at £3.99 and £5.99 respectively, they are normally at least £20, both arrived 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, doublevodka said:

I've bought from Retevis on Amazon previously on Amazon and not had any issues if that helps put the mind at rest, they often reduce prices on things, I bought 2 helical focusers at £3.99 and £5.99 respectively, they are normally at least £20, both arrived 👍

I've also bought from Retevis on Amazon previously without issue - when I looked at the first listing on Ebay it was a different seller - but Retevis have three separate seller Ids for the different types of goods they sell - with a little cross over amongst some of the ranges. The one I ssaw was from retekess_eu which is mostly selling walkie talkies and a bit of Svbony kit.

I had a brief look to see what the sale price ones were and compared with those on Amazon which were still the higher price.  The ones on Amazon had parfocal in the details. The others on Ebay and elsewhere did not mention that.

The dearer SV191 on Amazon are part number EUW9150A, the others W9150B. Whether this indicative of a difference in quality/model I can't say but worth noting or investigating before a purchase.

I have bought from Retevis both on Ebay & Amazon before. They got the new Svbony SV165 40mm for me, on a one-off basis as it had just come out and was not listed on Ebay or Amazon.

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

I had a brief look to see what the sale price ones were and compared with those on Amazon which were still the higher price.  The ones on Amazon had parfocal in the details. The others on Ebay and elsewhere did not mention that.

The dearer SV191 on Amazon are part number EUW9150A, the others W9150B. Whether this indicative of a difference in quality/model I can't say but worth noting or investigating before a purchase.

I have bought from Retevis both on Ebay & Amazon before. They got the new Svbony SV165 40mm for me, on a one-off basis as it had just come out and was not listed on Ebay or Amazon.

Possibly just a difference between worldwide and EU coding - there's only one type of each eyepiece shown on the Svbony website which has the 'W' coding.

On 29/08/2023 at 10:52, Mark2022 said:

Just got one delivered the other day. The 9-27mm. Fantastic build quality for £22.99. Yet to try it out but so far, I've found the zoom ring to be extremely stiff. Perhaps it will loosen with a good few turns.

Just to follow up: First light last night with it and yes, the zoom function isn't so stiff now. Checked out the moon and Jupiter with it and what can I say? A fantastic eyepiece. Clear as a bell and the zoom extremes are incredible (my first -  and last - zoom eyepiece). I know people praise the Hyperion zoom and I've never used one but I don't intend to buy one either because this eyepiece does all I want it to. For £22.99!!!

• Like 4

I received my 7.2 to 21.6mm on Monday and tried out that evening which was cloud free and the seeing was excellent.

I have no previous experience with a zoom ep, i found the action to be smooth with no sticky movements. I experienced no 'clicks' as it moved through the range, appeared to focus (with slight adjustment) in any position not just the marked positions - is this normal ?

I found the views to be crisp and sharp like the celestron omnis i have.. I compared the mag with the TMB II 8mm and it seemed similar.

Even though the moon was at about 70%, got good views of Jupiter and Saturn though obviously washed out color and of course the moon.

Additionally Almach and Albireo with good light blue on the secondaries. Would be tempted on 3mm zoom if it came on a similar offer.

• Like 1