Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

'Wonders of the Moon' Dara O' Briain Tonight Channel 5

scarp15

Yes it could I agree, thanks for the heads up. I notice in the programme info he is listed as comedian, amateur astronomer and astrophotographer. I knew he had an interest but it appears he's one of us, makes the show even more of a watch...

• Like 1

Just finished watching the first episode and have to say I quite enjoyed it. Yes its fairly light weight and I was familiar with a lot of the topics. Particularly enjoyed the way the moon has been observed over the millennia. 
Good to see Dara presenting an Astronomy related topic again, I miss Stargazing live when he was presenting it alongside Brian Cox. He does not get too much into the technical aspects as say Brian would have, which is a good thing nor does he crack jokes all of the time.

Will watch the second episode. 

Edited by Droogie 2001
  • Like 2

Dara's presenting style is light however he obviously has a passion for the subject. Very watchable and I'm looking forward to the second installment. Hopefully Joe and Josey Bloggs who get excited about Wolf Icecream Cone Purple Supermoon stories in the press found the hour enlightening too...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WolfieGlos said:

Both episodes were an enjoyable watch I thought, thanks for the heads up.

Tonight’s episode about establishing the moon base and using the dust to make building blocks was really clever.

I watched on catch up. A good effort at bringing lunar science and exploration to the masses over two hours. With a nod to back yard astronomers too. As good as anything the Sky at Night team manage. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I watched on catch up. A good effort at bringing lunar science and exploration to the masses over two hours. With a nod to back yard astronomers too. As good as anything the Sky at Night team manage. 

Just finished the second episode which was also very enjoyable. I too liked the section on Dara's personal astronomy passion and equipment (plus the money pit / hole quote which I think many of us on SGL can relate to 😀). It certainly added to the programs authenticity.

Good on Channel 5 to bring us an Astronomy / Science series.

• Like 1