NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Taken the plunge on what will be my most expensive eye piece

Mart29

The Delite range is terrific.  They are wide enough for me, with very little distortion.  I have most of the nagler range and never thought I'd buy anything else, but I found the naglers didn't suit me with a coronado pst, and I bought a used Delite 11mm on a whim, more or less.  I now have most of the range, as I was so impressed. 

Although I wear glasses most of the time, I don't for observing, but I still find the long eye relief beneficial, and the adjustable height is  really useful.  And they are not just good with the PST but also with my regular refractors and C8.

Happy viewing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vagk said:

How does it compare with Pentax XW 10mm ? Is it better or the same quality?

They are almost the same price

I think the inner 60° of the XW is the same quality as the Delite. With the XWs you get an extra 10° and with the Delites you get a smaller, lighter eyepiece that is more suitable for small scopes or binoviewers. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zermelo said:

I'd be interested to see how you find the views in the Delite, versus your 10mm Ultima Edge.

Will let you know! Going to stick with the edge 10 and the delite 11 on planets the next few sessions. 

9 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Enjoy! They are excellent eyepieces and do come up used occasionally if you wanted to expand your range in due course. Take a little time to get the adjustable setting right. It's a set and forget thing though 🙂

@Moonshane definitely will expand and stick to DeLites,  have to expand the  bank alittle first. Thanks for the recommendation though 😀