Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Scotland

MaCross

Hi everyone,

my name is Martina and I live with my family on the North coast of Scotland. This morning I took the plunge and bought a Skywatcher Evostar 100ED DS-Pro and a HEQ5-goto to go with it.

I am a complete newbie to astronomy so please be patient when I come up with all sorts of questions. I was lurking around for a wee while, but as someone has recommended SGL as a friendly and helpful place I thought I will join too :)

There is such a wealth of information here, so I better be off and read up a little more...

See you soon

Cheers from Scotland

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.

I've heard that the ED100 are brilliant scopes(I have an ED80 and there great).

You'll love the HEQ5 Pro (I have one as well), it is a fantastic compamise between weight and stability (actually scoring highly well on both counts).

Ant

HI Martina,

A very warm welcome to SGL, a very nice choice of scope you have there, to help you find your way round the Heavens you might like to purchase the publication "Turn Left At Orion". If you have any problems just ask.

John.

Hey Ant, Bob & John,

cheers for the warm welcome, I already feel at home here :mad:

Haha, to call me an astronomer would be a little far fetched yet, but hopfeully one day I might get closeer to that title :)

The book "Turn left at orion" came across my screen many times since I started researching, I will have to live of dried bread crumbs a little longer and go and buy it...

Cheers folks

Martina

The bread crumb diet will be worth it martina :), "Turn Left" is a great book for a beginner, I would also reccomend "NightWatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe " by Terrence Dickinson, another great book for starting out.:mad:

Cheers, Bob.

Just checked out your website, fantastic photographs , looking forward to seeing your astro efforts :)

@ Bob, cheers too kind

@ ron.s.g, I have just donwloaded Stellarium before and palyed round a little, it certainly looks like a nifty little program! I also downloaded Winstars2, but I havent had time to try it yet.

@Brendan & Pete, cheers for the warm welcome guys!

It is nice to welcome you to SGL Martina. You may not consider yourself an astronomer yet, but you obviously had a very wise head on your shoulders when it came to selecting your first set of equipment. Very classy. You will reap some nice rewards with that scope and mount.

Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to seek help if you need any.

Ron.:)

Mymy, I am lost for words about this superb welcome from everybody!! Thank you so much!

I am so glad I found you lot :mad::)

I got the info that the wee beasties will be delivered on Friday, needles to say that I am really excited :)

Archived