SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Everyone, 

I'm in need of basic help with my equipment. I have auto-guided before and I am struggling to connect. I have a Star adventurer pro, a orion starshoot autoguider, Canon 600D and I've downloaded PHD2. I did all the connections but, when I start the program, it just doesn't see my guide camera and it doesn't seem to have the star adventurer as an option in the mounts. I am a total beginner and also absolutely useless with computers and technology in general, so please be patient with me 😅

Thanks in advance for any sort of help

1 hour ago, Manuka said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm in need of basic help with my equipment. I have auto-guided before and I am struggling to connect. I have a Star adventurer pro, a orion starshoot autoguider, Canon 600D and I've downloaded PHD2. I did all the connections but, when I start the program, it just doesn't see my guide camera and it doesn't seem to have the star adventurer as an option in the mounts. I am a total beginner and also absolutely useless with computers and technology in general, so please be patient with me 😅

Thanks in advance for any sort of help

Hello and welcome to SGL. For the camera you will need the Ascom Platform and the camera's ascom driver, both available for Orion Product Support - Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (telescope.com) . Connect the camera to the computer's usb port and the mount's autoguide port using the supplied ST4 cable. In PHD2 select the camera and also select "on camera" for the mount type.

1797894592_orionssag.JPG.769c54ddafce240d8784b16b23b48ecf.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 01/02/2022 at 01:39, Cornelius Varley said:

Hello and welcome to SGL. For the camera you will need the Ascom Platform and the camera's ascom driver, both available for Orion Product Support - Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (telescope.com) . Connect the camera to the computer's usb port and the mount's autoguide port using the supplied ST4 cable. In PHD2 select the camera and also select "on camera" for the mount type.

1797894592_orionssag.JPG.769c54ddafce240d8784b16b23b48ecf.JPG

Thanks for your answer, I'll give it a go as soon as it stops raining 🙄🤞

Hi again everyone, I'm still facing big issues with my equipment. I have downloaded the ascom platform and the drivers for my camera but, when I click connect, the following message appears:

Can anyone help going past this? Thanks2026959222_Screenshot2022-02-11020245.thumb.jpg.1b1d84fd7f176ea92bd10fc82292e610.jpg

Hi

Assuming windows or mac (?)

Can you connect using the bundled Orion software? You HAVE installed the ssag driver, yes?

Anyway...

PHD2 has a native driver for the ssag. Start again by making a new profile. The debug log will tell you why the mount isn't connecting. Most probably the cable which joins the camera to the mount is faulty.

HTH

post-272809-0-12565100-1494382288_thumb.png.43684f9e4b3d22bb7e7eb558a40df7b4.png

Edited by alacant