Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rother Valley Optics

wulfrunian

Just wanted to say that I'm very impressed with the customer service at Rother Valley Optics, always reply to queries quickly and in a helpful way. I've used them on numerous occasions and always found every aspect of their service to be top notch.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have to say how impressed I am with Adam at RVO, great communications, prompt replies to my e-mails etc and a great deal on my new Celestron diagonal. Highly recommended.

Derek. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to say that this is the first i have used them, but the advise and the service i have received from them has been superb.I gave them a call to order my flex tube 300p and a laser collimator very late Thursday, by Saturday the collimator had arrived and this morning the scope arrived.

A very big thank you to James and Ian keep up the good work.

Stuart.

• 2 months later...

hi peeps just to let you no how good rvo are phoned through an order yesterday, baader optic cleaner and they said they would get it in the post same day. sure enough posty came this morning and there it was. good old ian and co thanks boys :glasses2:

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned up at RVO at 3pm not sure what bin's to purchase for my wife's birthday. My call was answered immediately and with my budget, they advised me to go with the Celestron 15x70's. I ordered and received them the following day. Such a speedy service. Item was more than adequately packaged, too.

Bin's are excellent. Now need to get the wife a decent tripod now before she does her neck in. lol.

I highly recommend RVO.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to thanks Ian & Adam for an outstanding service. The box and item that I bought had been damaged during transport; I gave Adam a ring and explained the problem which was resolved professionally and quickly. Top Class Company and my favourite people to deal with. Steve Durr :D

• 2 months later...

Rother valley Optics

hi all been up to the shop and wow wee it was like an Aladdins cave full of jewels a massive selection on display of eye pieces telescopes binoculars,mounts adapters focusers, to much to much to list filters i took a few pics the link is below if you wish to look around the shop,

Adam was the guy we dealt with and he was happy to chat with us and new about all the kit in the shop they had,the binocular side was minding blowing ,they look small in the pic ,they where massive and weighed a ton.

the prices were about average a few high end bits of gear where a few quid cheaper and he new is stuff and seemed helpful ,and agreed to me write in about it and take in the pics for my blogs,here and other blogs the other good thing its a direct call to the shop floor when we rang to see if they where open on Wednesdays ,and yes they are was the answer so of we went there service at the counter was second to none and very polite and professional,i did have the cheek to ask him if the internet side got the same treatment ,and he said they have a couple a guys that work with that on the premises we seen one of them discussing eps with some one on the phone he had the ep in his hand talking to the guy on the phone

great shop and great service:hello2:

Rother valley optics astro shop pictures by todd8137 - Photobucket

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered our scope and motor from then. Scope is grand (apart from a few marks on the mirror) but the motor didnt work. So we sent it back and the guys at RVO were super quick in sending a replacement. But that doesnt work either. And we have contacted them again but so far havent had a reply.

Anyone know who we should contact directly?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a part recently from rvo and there was a discussion on if it would resolve an issue. Rvo said they would exchange it if it did not. It didn't fully resolve the issue so I sent it back and received the replacement in two days flat!

When I sent the original back I actually forgot to send its box back with it, but rvo still sent the replacement out with no quibble. Very good and speedy service in my book. So I will be definitely doing more business with them in future.

I've so far been able to speak to them on the phone each time I've rung them too, which I've found useful when better comms are needed than an e-mail can provide.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Recently saw that Baader did a Hyperion carry case, so went on the net and searched around. RVO showed as having them so I phoned up and they confirmed it, so Placed a phone order which was delivered the next day by courier. Very well packaged. In fact it was so well packed it took me ages to open it. Not a criticism. Will definitely use them again. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I found RVO when googling around about different shops. A closer look showed that they had quite attractive price for Telrad which I hade on my buying list, also they have price match promise.

An email was sent to check shipping cost, the answer was 15£, and came quickly. That's quite good since most UK shops charge 30£ or more for shipping outside UK. Since I had 40mm Aero and 2"OIII on my list too, and not willing to pay extra postage by shopping around, so I checked the prices for the EP and filter in other UK shops, then asked if they would like to match the prices. A quick yes came just a couple of hours later. very alert and service-minded people, I would say. The order was placed, the package came very nicely packat for each and every item. Excellent!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am a relatively new customer of RVO, but having previously bought most of my 
gear from somewhere else I thought I would give them  a try. Checked out 
some prices and availability and they were showing as in stock and at 
competitive prices. I however did have a few questions to ask, so I 
phoned them and spoke with Adam. he was very helpful and answered my 
queries, so I placed my order online. My gear suitably arrived the 
following day via courier. Very well packaged. Excellent service. Very pleased. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Ordered a few items from RVO now and both times service was 1st class.  Items arrived within 24 hours of placing order, and stock numbers can be verified over the phone. 

Another friendly place to shop. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

As each time I attempt to order astronomical items over the internet, I seem to do something wrong and the bank blocks my card. I decided to contact Rother Valley Optics as they have a telephone. To my delight the gentleman I spoke to had a very pleasant telephone manner, which seems to be increasingly rare these days, as the customer just seems to be an annoyance to some vendors. There was no problem with placing my order over the phone and the item I ordered arrived exactly at the predicted time. If like me, you mess up using your card while fighting against stupidly stressful security obstacles put in place by vendors, then phone Rother Valley Optics for some old fashioned over the counter/telephone customer service. 10/10

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Rothervalley helped me buy my 130pds recently. It was so refreshing to order over the phone and get rapid info on stock level and accessories. Email works well for these enquiries too, but I always find that just as I've hit send i think of another question. Over the phone enquiries are dealt with so quickly. All in all a great seemless service. ?

• Like 1