Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2023 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

Today is a quieter day on the campsite with a few heading home this morning. Safe journey to all those that headed back. 

The weather has finally broken with blustery winds and rain making a pronounced appearance for the first time since I arrived on Thursday.

Hopefully the calm weather will return for the evening and some clear skies will grace us. 

• Like 2

Arrived back at 1500hrs, good journey but with heavy rain most of the way.

Another excellent GSP, good to see old and new faces not to mention 3 clear(ish) nights in a row.

Thanks to Derren for all the organising and Leslie and Ralf for a fantastic campsite.

Still not seen one of Derek’s images 😮😮

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Arrived back at 1500hrs, good journey but with heavy rain most of the way.

Another excellent GSP, good to see old and new faces not to mention 3 clear(ish) nights in a row.

Thanks to Derren for all the organising and Leslie and Ralf for a fantastic campsite.

Still not seen one of Derek’s images 😮😮

I will. mske sure it may even be another 10 years......... 😈

• Haha 1

Morning all the camp has been a busy one for me.

The winds from 5am have been gale force and with all the rain overnight the site is a little soggy to say the least. 

My utility tent has taken a fair beating and one of the guy lines is now attached to the van wheel as the peg wouldn't hold in the ground!! 

The wind has changed direction since so a little respite. 

A cuppa is in order next 😉

Edited by mapstar
  • Sad 1

Wind has got up during the last few hours. Due to hit 40+ mph for much of the day. Rain lashing down at present.

Had a few medicinal lubrications with happy campers last night.

Although only 2 good clear nights it has been a good Star Camp.

It has been nice to catch up with regular attendees and meet new interestrd parties.

We have met and made some new friends. 2 of which, Steph and Alison, travelled up from Swansea. I was glad that they were not dissapointed after their long journey. We hope to see them again next year.

• Like 1

Yes we knew the weather was going to turn for the worse. There is still a dlim chance of a few clear hours to come for the remaining few.

Crossed fingers, toes and other extremities 😊

Edited by Physopto

Back from 4 great nights, 3 with clear skies that allowed me to get lots of hours of images. It was great to be back at a GSP and meet old friends and make new ones. I loved looking through Damien's Dob at the NGC891 and NGC898 galaxies, and M13. Thanks to Derek for organising things. 

I hope that the weather keeps up for those who are staying on. The journey home today was difficult on the M6, with lots of rain, standing water, high winds and crashed BMWs and Audis.

Here's a pic of my astro-clutter. Hopefully I can get my head around PixInsight and post some images from the starcamp soon.

0Q1A8319Cr.jpg

Edited by OutThereSomewhere
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, OutThereSomewhere said:

Back from 4 great nights, 3 with clear skies that allowed me to get lots of hours of images. It was great to be back at a GSP and meet old friends and make new ones. I loved looking through Damien's Dob at the NGC891 and NGC898 galaxies, and M13. Thanks to Derek for organising things. 

I hope that the weather keeps up for those who are staying on. The journey home today was difficult on the M6, with lots of rain, standing water, high winds and crashed BMWs and Audis.

Here's a pic of my astro-clutter. Hopefully I can get my head around PixInsight and post some images from the starcamp soon.

0Q1A8319Cr.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the skies. Hope the next years Spring Camp is even better. (well you have to be optomistic 😁).

Nice to see you again.

• Like 1