NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2023 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

OK folks a bit of an update:

Just about 5 weeks to the start of this Autumn Star Camp...............

At present there are about 19 booked pitches and 22 people attending on paper.

So still room for a few more (6 pitches still available)  if anyone else  wishes to attend.

All the best,

37 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Looking forward to this, always good to catch up with the regulars and meet new attendees 😉

I would love to attend had a fantastic time last time. 

One don't think my back would take it and two camping in a tent is out of the question pity really. 

I would love to catch up with everyone. 

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 23/09/2023 at 17:35, jamie56 said:

Sounds as if your getting to feel the cold John, setting up shop in the awning 🤣

NUTS !!!!

The average age of our Star Parties is rising year by year.

We need fresh meat !!

Old sods feel the cold more, just ask Damian.............. Oh and me 😱

• Haha 3

On 08/10/2023 at 14:44, Physopto said:

NUTS !!!!

We need fresh meat !!

Ye sound like some deranged vampire deren, fresh meat 🍖 😂 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the camp. Hope we get less rain and wind this year. Derek are they having the pie and peas night again?. If so put me and Denise down for 2 atleast .looking forward to catching up with everyone. 

• Like 2

On 19/10/2023 at 16:46, James111 said:

Really looking forward to the camp. Hope we get less rain and wind this year. Derek are they having the pie and peas night again?. If so put me and Denise down for 2 atleast .looking forward to catching up with everyone. 

Hi there, sorry not this year. If anyone wants to they can get their own and meet up in the warm room.  There was far too much messing about and hassle last year for me to make it worth while doing again.

Be nice to see you both again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, James111 said:

I hope damien manages to get the big dob set up this year.

I think we all do ... if the dob mob are setting up it means the rest of us aren't cloud dodging or guzzling whisky/whiskey/whiski/wiske (delete as appropriate 😉)

• Haha 3

Hi, Guys,

I was really looking forward to this, now only 3 weeks to go.  But alas not for me 😪  Yesterday I ruptured the Achilles tendon in my left leg.  So no way I can drive my manual tow car to bring my caravan over, even if I was able to handle my kit with the 'Moon Boot' draped round my leg.  Maybe next February (I'm booked) if I'm fit by then - it'll be marginal!  I'll let Lesley know - it frees up an electric pitch.  Hope you all have a great time and lots of clear skies.

Cheers,

Peter..

Edited by petevasey
  • Sad 5

18 hours ago, petevasey said:

Hi, Guys,

I was really looking forward to this, now only 3 weeks to go.  But alas not for me 😪  Yesterday I ruptured the Achilles tendon in my left leg.  So no way I can drive my manual tow car to bring my caravan over, even if I was able to handle my kit with the 'Moon Boot' draped round my leg.  Maybe next February (I'm booked) if I'm fit by then - it'll be marginal!  I'll let Lesley know - it frees up an electric pitch.  Hope you all have a great time and lots of clear skies.

Cheers,

Peter..

Well, I am so very sorry to hear that Peter. Painful and debilitating. As others have said,  I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you at the next Star Party in the spring. We will miss you and your.......... beer 🍺 ☺️

All the best,

On 08/10/2023 at 14:44, Physopto said:

NUTS !!!!

We need fresh meat !!

I've just turned 40 - I could attend. Does that help?!

• Haha 2

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.  February will be marginal - I don't expect to be even driving, never mind humping equipment around until  January 17th at the earliest - not much time to get up to speed!.  Anyway, here is my latest photo for inspection 🤪

Have a great time.

Cheers,

Peter

Equinus.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, petevasey said:

Anyway, here is my latest photo for inspection 🤪

Equinus.jpg

Focus is a little off, I'm guessing unguided ? not bad for a beginner 🤣

Speedy recovery Peter, try to keep active, some sitting exercises to keep the muscles fit and the blood flowing to fuel the repair.

Hope its not too sore, best wishes, see you soon.

• Haha 2

On 28/10/2023 at 22:53, petevasey said:

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.  February will be marginal - I don't expect to be even driving, never mind humping equipment around until  January 17th at the earliest - not much time to get up to speed!.  Anyway, here is my latest photo for inspection 🤪

Have a great time.

Cheers,

Peter

Equinus.jpg

Yikes ! Peter that looks painful, I mean CRIKEY !  wearing a pink boot!!! Get the missus to cover it with a nice shade of BLUE crepe bandage. It will look cool and I am sure you will recover much quicker 🤣

Jon is right, some gentle excercise is called for. Start with lifting a small glass of whisky and work up to a bigger one...............🥃

Get well soon.

Best wishes,

• Haha 2

Thanks, Derek,

It was supposed to be red!  Never mind, my delightful little grand daughter (almost 6) loves pink, so she is seriously impressed 😄  But although the original break was very painful the pain didn't last long, and now there is almost no pain at all.  At least in that area .  But I cannot put any weight on the (equinus) cast and as my right knee is well worn it is far from happy with doing all the work even with a walking frame - using crutches was seriously dodgy!  Two weeks to go, then with any luck at all I'll have a special weight bearing boot and life will start to get a lot easier.

Cheers,

Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Folks!

A small update.

I'm in the arrea so I  visited the Star Party Camp site yesterday.

I spoke with Lesley and had a look at how the field was doing.

Weather reports had said that it was raining all over the area for the past couple of weeks.

But in reality they have had very little rain at all.

The site was dry and looked great, so good news so far.

The storm coming through hopefully will pass quite quickly and we should be good to go.

Driving back to my friends place as soon as we got closer to the coast it hammered down.

The Star Camps site seems to have it's own sheltered microclimate at present.

Hope to see you all in just over a week or so's time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 31/10/2023 at 10:21, petevasey said:

Thanks, Derek,

It was supposed to be red!  Never mind, my delightful little grand daughter (almost 6) loves pink, so she is seriously impressed 😄  But although the original break was very painful the pain didn't last long, and now there is almost no pain at all.  At least in that area .  But I cannot put any weight on the (equinus) cast and as my right knee is well worn it is far from happy with doing all the work even with a walking frame - using crutches was seriously dodgy!  Two weeks to go, then with any luck at all I'll have a special weight bearing boot and life will start to get a lot easier.

Cheers,

Peter.

Keep us informed as to your progress Peter. Get better soonest.

Just paid for the premium version of Windy. com.

Have used it for the last few years. The weather is so changeable at present but at least Windy gives us some hope of clear skies. It becomes more accurate as we get closer to the start of the Star Party, more so it appears, than other predictive programs ( I Hope). 😀