NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2023 Autumn Galloway Star Camp

Physopto

10 hours ago, Physopto said:

Just paid for the premium version of Windy. com.

Have used it for the last few years. The weather is so changeable at present but at least Windy gives us some hope of clear skies. It becomes more accurate as we get closer to the start of the Star Party, more so it appears, than other predictive programs ( I Hope). 😀

It's normally a bit windy around Calvin 

• Haha 4

On 28/10/2023 at 22:53, petevasey said:

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.  February will be marginal - I don't expect to be even driving, never mind humping equipment around until  January 17th at the earliest - not much time to get up to speed!.  Anyway, here is my latest photo for inspection 🤪

Have a great time.

Cheers,

Peter

Equinus.jpg

Sorry to hear u won't be at the camp this year peter was nice to meet u and hope u get well soon. James and Denise 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LandyJon said:

Hoping to get finished work and up there before it goes dark, Friday night is actually looking promising 🤞 

Slight change to my dates I'm venturing up Thursday and hoping the Friday Saturday forecast holds out 

• Like 3

Problems with connection at present. 6 pitches now taken and another on the way in the next few minutes.  Looks like a couple of good nights to come tomorrow (Friday)  and Saturday with luck. Raining at present but due to clear soon. 😀

I am sure pictures will follow.

4 hours ago, mapstar said:

As you may be aware it may be raining at the time of arrival?? 

IMG-20231109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.72329986047676bf66210944ce98d7c5.jpg

IMG-20231109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d7f55c104b4e71414bda5781887cf6e5.jpg

Some clear blue sky on the way in. And the usual suspects 😁

Looking good guys. Catch u with u guys tomorrow afternoon at some point. James and denise

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamie56 said:

When you all turning up, we will be there as usual Saturday, but won't stay for the following weekend, 

Derek, Calvin, Steve, Ian and Jonathon here already. Think John is on his way? 

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

Derek, Calvin, Steve, Ian and Jonathon here already. Think John is on his way? 

Me ? No I'm working tomorrow, hoping to finish early, vans all packed and hooked up, going to work in the merc so I can just jump in and set off.

Hopefully be there before its too dark, although the really clear spell has shifted in forecast to Saturday daytime 🙄

See you tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys,

With any luck I'll be partially mobile again on Monday - walking boot replacing my cast.  But of course Sod's law kicks in and the weather isn't looking so good for next week.  BUT tonight and tomorrow look very good for you  over in the West.   So I hope all goes well for you.  With any luck you'll see an aurora - there's been reasonable activity every night recently.  I missed the big one of course 😒

Have a great time,

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1