Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet Lulin 2 h 45m timelapse HD1080p

Heres the "movie" of Comet Lulin against a fixed starfield background re-rendered as a HD1080P

http://www.btinternet.com/~psmithuk/movies/Lulin_HD1080.wmv

Hope you like it...

72 "frames" 120s ISO800 Canon 1000D on William Optic Megrez 72 with FFIII Hutech IDAS P2, piggy-backed on Celestron CPC800 Guided (PHDGuide) on a star using DSI IIC on 500mm F8 Tele Lens...

Billy...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Craig....it sort of worked...might have sacrificed the "still" image for the movie but the movie was one of my main goals for this session...

I might process each individual frame (if i can remeber how to record a macro in CS) and then regenerate the movie... but not tonight :lol:

Billy...

Yeah tried them all TJ... think I'll try shorter stacks and see if that helps...

Red dwalf I just looked up the current "real-time" position of the comet on Heavens Above and slewed the scope to those co-ords...

I'd also managed to pick it up visually and with the 25x100's

The guidecam needed a 4s exposure to lock onto the comets core compared to 0.2 to 0.5s to lock onto a normal guidestar as i needed sufficient exposure to differentiate the core from the head of the tail.

Billy...

Billy...

Ian were you using the QHY5 as the guidecam - I would have thought that would have worked nicely...

I really had to up the exposure time with the guide cam so that the bright core became visible inside the "head" then PHD managed to lock.

The only problem was when a star got into the tracking box PHD swapped to guiding off that. I'll drop the size of the tracking box next time and hopefully that will help .

Billy...

Archived