Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet Lulin 2 h 45m timelapse HD1080p

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian were you using the QHY5 as the guidecam - I would have thought that would have worked nicely...

I really had to up the exposure time with the guide cam so that the bright core became visible inside the "head" then PHD managed to lock.

The only problem was when a star got into the tracking box PHD swapped to guiding off that. I'll drop the size of the tracking box next time and hopefully that will help .

Billy...

Yep, 'twas the QHY5. The guidescope was the problem I think - 70mm f/10 Bresser frac. It does a good job normally, but even at 10 seconds it wouldn't lock onto the core of the comet. I'm sure it would have been fine with a faster guidescope.

It sounds like you had a great night :lol:

That's a hell of a fine piece of work Peter, amazing in fact.

You could probably get that on the Sky at Night CD Rom. It wouldn't work in the Mag.:blob8:

Well done mate.

Ron.:lol:

Perhaps they could print a frame on the corner of each page and do a "flick" anim :)

I WIll send Will the files later...

Billy...

Jeff it was "imaged" through the Mergrez 72 with the FF III

SO only 345.6mmm FL ( or 552.6mm EFL in 35mm terms)

the 500mm F8 (an old t-mount simple telephoto) is what I use for a guidescope with a DSI IIC as the guidecam whilst simultaneously imaging thought the Megrez72 and CPC800 with modded DSLR's

Billy...

Archived