Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Starfield 102mm f/7 ED Doublet Refractor

FLO

This telescope needs no introduction, it is of course the one manufactured by United Optics that wears a number of different brand names. Many of you own one and it is the subject of much positive discussion at SGL, so we knew we had to have it at FLO. 

For FLO, we have chosen the Starfield 102 f/7 ED version with FPL53 ED glass (not the cheaper model with FPL51) and Lanthanum. 

They have only just arrived so we have plenty in stock 🙂 

Edit: New photos added 7th Dec. 

starfield_102_f7_ed_refractor_telescope_SGL-2.jpg.7b76686af1cc56544827ee4165345781.jpg

starfield_102_f7_ed_refractor_telescope_SGL-1.jpg.556404137a6623114e2bdb6d57b2f6b3.jpg

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, heliumstar said:

Amazing! Hopefully we'll see smaller ones as well :)

Have one question. Is weight spec accurate? Other brands are lighter. Any changes on Starfield?

I have one here beside me, I will put it on the scales... 

4 minutes ago, FLO said:

I have one here beside me, I will put it on the scales... 

It is 4.2 kg with rings & dovetail. I think we mistakenly listed the higher boxed weight. 

We have updated our product description. Thanks for noticing 🙂 

Steve

• Like 2

While you have the camera out perhaps you could also correct the images of the front of the StellaLyra Classical Cassegrains as you presently show the front of the RC with its much bigger central obstruction..

Sorry to make more work for you. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johninderby said:

While you have the camera out perhaps you could also correct the images of the front of the StellaLyra Classical Cassegrains as you presently show the front of the RC with its much bigger central obstruction..

Sorry to make more work for you. 🙂

I think you have mentioned this before but I am in the workshop so unable to make a new product photo. We will however make a new one then update the photo when able. 

In the workshop with my phone I can make only photos like this one. 

starfield_telescope_sgl.jpg.000cb381719dc2ff1591c2ca1f9e3201.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FLO said:

I see now it has a nice self-centring twist-lock style eyepiece/accessory clamp. Will need to add that to the product description too. 

Have the same twist lock clamp on my 125 doublet and it works very well indeed. No need for Baader Quick Lock.

10 hours ago, FLO said:

This telescope needs no introduction, it is of course the one manufactured by United Optics that wears a number of different brand names. Many of you own one and it is the subject of much positive discussion at SGL, so we knew we had to have it at FLO. 

For FLO, we have chosen the Starfield 102 f/7 ED version with FPL53 ED glass (not the cheaper model with FPL51) and Lanthanum. 

They have only just arrived so we have plenty in stock 🙂 

starfield_102_f7_ed_sgl.jpg.90055047569a62ed3aff7898db32ad12.jpg

Hooray! Well done @FLO, super super scope. 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

There are many companies offering this type of scope, but none offer the same customer care as FLO do. Buy in confidence.

I would have bought this if I did not have my Celestron C100ED already. I just need to buy the skywatcher reducer for imaging.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Do you have any more photos yet?

Photos will be made Wednesday so should be added to our website next week. 

2 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Also, what fitting is there for a finder?

Good question. It is the usual two screws each side used by United Optics. Will try some finder-shoes for size today. 

starfield_102_f7_ed_focuser.jpg.bafd8ddb3f332dce32ad739f954f195b.jpg

• Thanks 1