NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SkySafari Pro 7

IB20

This is newly released and currently on 50% sale for £21.99 on the iOS App Store.

Having only had SkySafari Plus 6 previously I thought I’d go for it. Already liking it more than the previous version, a cleaner user interface and more intuitive from my playing around with it so far. Moving to pro also means I now have the GAIA catalogue too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah it is pricey for an app but it’s probably my most used Astro item and well worth it IMO. Not sure if they plan to release standard and Plus versions like the last SkySafari, which were much more reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I got an alert this morning about this 50% upgrade offer.

It does seems pricey. I’ve not investigated what I get extra from the money.

Unsure whether I’d have “upgraded” from Pro 6 to Pro 7 but happy enough with moving from Plus to Pro, if purely just for those Mag 18.5 galaxies. 😅

• Like 2

Think I will be upgrading. Used SkySafari for a few years on Mac and IPhone and I love it. People say it’s pricey for an app but it’s not just an app, it’s software worthy of more than the “app” label, there are plenty of planetarium “apps” SkySafari does a load more so I think that the current price is a bit of a bargain 

• Like 1

I was going to ask about this yesterday when i got the alert- so is it just the upgrade that’s 50% off or is it also if you buy it outright? They had regular 1/2 price sales on version 6. If i didn’t have 6pro already i’d definitely go for it but it seems a bit pricey for a redesigned front end so not sure i’ll bother. It is a bargain really though i think if you’re serious about this hobby- use mine all the time 👍 And yea to put it into perspective i just had to buy a new (old) car having spent £12.50 a day for half a week for the pleasure of driving a few miles to work…(ulez)

Mark

Edited by markse68

15 hours ago, markse68 said:

I was going to ask about this yesterday when i got the alert- so is it just the upgrade that’s 50% off or is it also if you buy it outright?

Mark

I checked via the offer notification on the app and just through the App Store directly and it was the same price of £21.99. 

I've got Pro 6 on my android. Is there a list of new features in Pro 7 compared to 6? I'd like to go through that first before I decide if the upgrade is worth it when version 7 becomes available in Google Play.

Edited by KP82

If you want to compare detailed features, you can see the different editions for version 6 here and those for version 7 here.

I can't find a delta for the detailed differences between 6 and 7.

Apologies, I didn't read it properly. Those two links are just the changes - from V5 to V6, and from V6 to V7 - respectively.

So this is the one that answers the question "what are the details of the new features in V7, for each edition of the app?"

Edited by Zermelo
see text
  • Like 1

Just downloaded this having had 6 Pro and I do like it. Seems like an improvement over 6 in terms of useability. I use LiveSky occasionally and was able to import my kit list into 7 just by logging in. There a cool feature where you can link remotely to someone else who has 7 and guide them to targets, and also one sky which seems to show what other people are looking at. Might be fun/useful maybe.

It seems more responsive than 6 too, and I like the fine rendition to the stars which is much better.

489DDB03-CEAD-4A14-AB74-A7D8CEF8326D.png

EAEF62BC-E982-4B36-B222-068B65ACD646.png

C2B7CD24-2043-4CA0-9D23-E2D0E623F4A1.png

C5489E7F-3A4E-4BB8-B5D1-116DBAAB28FE.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

I’m still on 4+ so maybe it’s time to take the plunge!! 🤣

I 've had the Nexus DSC for a year plus now and still cogitating about Skysafari of any version.  I should take the plunge really.....or cogitate a bit longer perhaps....:smiley:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saganite said:

I 've had the Nexus DSC for a year plus now and still cogitating about Skysafari of any version.  I should take the plunge really.....or cogitate a bit longer perhaps....:smiley:

Have you used the Nexus DSC much?

28 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Do it Steve! It will change your life 🤣🤣

Seriously I find push to with SkySafari to be a great way of finding new targets, great for finding doubles in the area you are observing in too.

• Like 4

How annoying. I just opened SkySafari 6 on my phone, and sure enough up came a banner saying “upgrade now to 7 for half price”. Navigating my finger to the “buy” button I accidentally touched the screen elsewhere and flicked the banner away! Now I can’t get it back grrr

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

The “problem” with the nexus dsc I find is that it’s so good in native mode, I feel less urge to use it in a different way. I must force myself to smartphone it…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Magenta said:

How annoying. I just opened SkySafari 6 on my phone, and sure enough up came a banner saying “upgrade now to 7 for half price”. Navigating my finger to the “buy” button I accidentally touched the screen elsewhere and flicked the banner away! Now I can’t get it back grrr

Just go to the App Store and it is available there at the same price. Not cheap but I’ve downloaded it and like it. Took a bit of setting up to my taste but all good now

• Thanks 1