Narrowband

Kelling Heath Winter Fest

46 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Yeah, I'm going Dave. Looking forward to it, all booked in, lol. Never been to anything like it before. 

The winterfest star party is really chilled both in temperature, so bring warm clothing, and in atmosphere. It's a small event so you'll soon get to know everyone.

I hope to see you there,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davew said:

The winterfest star party is really chilled both in temperature, so bring warm clothing, and in atmosphere. It's a small event so you'll soon get to know everyone.

I hope to see you there,

Dave.

Brilliant Dave, be great to see SGL ers there. Not going to be bringing much equipment, probably my AZ gti in EQ mode and astro modded camera. 

• Like 1

I often think about going to these events, then think it’s warmer inside than camping in winter...

Then I wrap up at home and go outside and observe for ages and freeze my bits off anyways, so my logic is clearly flawed. 

Oneday, perhaps soon an Astrocamp will be on my itinerary.

To those of you that do go, enjoy, those dark Norfolk skies are stunningly good and the County is beautiful in itself, one of my favoured places.

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my wife and I are in the process of buying a static caravans at Kelling Heath, which should complete on 11 Nov, so it's my intention to stay over the winterfest weekend.  I doubt that I'll bring any gear, other than probably some binoculars, but hopefully I will be able drop by to meet some of you folks.

• Like 1

Think there's about eight of us from SGL going, perhaps more if they've not said yet. Hopefully get some clear sky. Would be nice to all meet up when we're there. 

Is there such a thing as an SGL members badge? Lol. 

PSX_20211025_181259.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
More comment added.

44 minutes ago, Laurieast said:

Put them in the Classifieds, £10 each 😁

I've ordered ten badge holders if anyone wants one free of charge. You'll just have to make your own badge or I could run some off. 

image.png.5bdcddc3617a84d374e0d323fbacfd2e.png

31SFG+CTkuL._AC_SY350_.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
Another pic added

Just booked my pitch.

Never attended anything like this before and it’s been a long time since I felt such childish excitement……🤗🤗

Now how do I get that DOB in the back with all the camping gear 🧐😂

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 17:13, geoflewis said:

Hi everyone, my wife and I are in the process of buying a static caravans at Kelling Heath, which should complete on 11 Nov, so it's my intention to stay over the winterfest weekend.  I doubt that I'll bring any gear, other than probably some binoculars, but hopefully I will be able drop by to meet some of you folks.

Having posted this, there may be many strangers getting in touch who want to become your best friend 🙂.

• Haha 2