Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn Lrgb

morimarty

Thats a great image. Your location must deliver. How did you get seeing like that ?  I consistently so far, can not get  a calmer Saturn shot. Always disturbed. Seem to do better on Jupiter. But often thats late in the morning where seeing calms a bit. Do you have a short clip of these captures ? what focal length was you at ? How long was the capture ? This by far is the best Saturn shot i have seen in the UK so far. Well done Martyn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the very positive comments and likes they are all very much appreciated. @neiil phillips Hi Neil I seem to be the opposite to you in as much it is Jupiter I'm struggling with.  I'm shooting Jupiter right over the top of the Derby royal hospital at the moment so I am getting a lot of boiling where as Saturn is well clear. The seeing was very good on the 13-6-21 for this capture I'll attach my log file from firecapture all the data is in there. I will try and attach a giff from pipp but i have not made one before so not sure if it will work?

Log file R.txt

13 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Thanks all for the very positive comments and likes they are all very much appreciated. @neiil phillips Hi Neil I seem to be the opposite to you in as much it is Jupiter I'm struggling with.  I'm shooting Jupiter right over the top of the Derby royal hospital at the moment so I am getting a lot of boiling where as Saturn is well clear. The seeing was very good on the 13-6-21 for this capture I'll attach my log file from firecapture all the data is in there. I will try and attach a giff from pipp but i have not made one before so not sure if it will work?

Log file R.txt 840 B · 0 downloads

Thanks for that Martyn.  Helps me understand what went into producing the capture. If the Saturn is anything to go by. In time when jupiter is in a better part of the sky for you. You should have some killer captures. But this quality this low is pretty impressive.

• Like 1