Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Post your highest resolution captures here. PLEASE :)

Kitsunegari

Here are some of my "snaps."
I don't usually get the seeing conditions to do any better.
I know I'm going to regret doing this. :icon_clown:

19.06.2021 10.06 2.6x gpc.jpg

28.06.2021 09.51 2.6x GPC.jpg

Edited by Rusted
added image
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, Kitsunegari said:

I think it would be nice to have a repository of all the best  captures you have accumulated.   (only your best please!)

132787307_calciumfluxtubeshighresolutionbyapollolasky.gif.1fe768fcbf07232cf191aab52905c5ee.gifthird.gif.43acea1bffd1790b1bb88381aa5b2096.gif

Can you clarify what you are looking for? Your title says highest resolution, your post says best captures. The highest resolution could be not very good but your best capture will most likely be low resolution so which are you looking for? Thanks.

The white light one is with my old Canon 1000D and SW 200p with Baader solar film during 2014. The prom time lapse is with my Coronado PST without a tracking mount (never again!) over the course of 1 hour from last year.

First-solar-prominence-time-lapse.gif

Solar-white-light-july-2-2014.jpg

• Like 8

Well, I think that's a bit elitist.  I'll have to start a similar forum, for low res images.  You know the type of images I mean, those that don't involve the dark arts such as stacking, but may resemble what you might see visually 😄..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, paulastro said:

Well, I think that's a bit elitist.  I'll have to start a similar forum, for low res images.  You know the type of images I mean, those that don't involve the dark arts such as stacking, but may resemble what you might see visually 😄..

By the very definition of "the best",  then yes it is quite elite.   

People do not sign up for the olympics without offering their most elite performance,  and people certainly do not send "non-elitist" photos to nasa apod.  .

I also have multiple websites; but its a childish point as i could care less about drawing traffic outside of here.  We are here together, to show our images; HERE..  This is a social networking system where people present their images. The forum I post in is literally titled "solar imaging"

I merely asked to see the best everyone has to offer, because I cannot possible sift through all the last 10 years of posts and thousands of individual users myself.   How am i supposed to know what you best is?  A crayon drawing you made with your eyeballs?

MY system is imaging only, if anyone put one eye on it; this would be the last thing they ever saw ever again in their life with that eye.    spacer.png

I have never been so dumbfounded in my life.  There should be hundreds of photos by now so i guess I will just quit;  Respect in the astro community is just completely lost.

4 hours ago, Kitsunegari said:

People do not sign up for the olympics without offering their most elite performance,  and people certainly do not send "non-elitist" photos to nasa apod.  .

I also have multiple websites; but its a childish point as i could care less about drawing traffic outside of here.  We are here together, to show our images; HERE..  This is a social networking system where people present their images. The forum I post in is literally titled "solar imaging"

I merely asked to see the best everyone has to offer, because I cannot possible sift through all the last 10 years of posts and thousands of individual users myself.   How am i supposed to know what you best is?  A crayon drawing you made with your eyeballs?

MY system is imaging only, if anyone put one eye on it; this would be the last thing they ever saw ever again in their life with that eye.    spacer.png

I have never been so dumbfounded in my life.  There should be hundreds of photos by now so i guess I will just quit;  Respect in the astro community is just completely lost.

Well I'm sorry you feel like you do.  If I may say so it seems  rather an over reaction to what, on my part, was meant to be a humorous comment!

Members who are familiar with my photographic offerings will know that my speciality is low single frame pics of the sun and moon 🙂 .  I am mainly a visual observer, who likes to take pics as a record of what I have seen, and haven't the skills, equipment or inclination to take my 'imaging' any further.

Clearly you take imaging much more seriously than I do!  For me, astronomy has always been something to give me pleasure and relaxation.

Apollo, you have the best CaK animations in the world :) It is great to see everyone's best ever, together. They don't come about every year but these are my best two

Can't post :( BB code or html doesn't work. What has changed?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50326981643_249b849d06_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/567/21901673958_5a6989e784_b.jpg

BB code used to work and was so simple. I have tried every link from Flickr possible and nothing works anymore. Pity.

How Rusted? please do share :)

Alexandra

Edited by Montana
Has the forum changed?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kitsunegari said:

dont worry about it , some "not all" are just grumpy 😀. its a great post. lifes too short.

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1