NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

KevS RIP and his Telescope

I have been given permission to post this for two reasons. 

Firstly I am very sorry to announce that KevS an old SGL member died of a heart attack last week.  He left SGL a few months ago and therefore we cannot find his avatar to remind you which Kev he was (as there are many) and I think most people are generally recognised by their avatar Picture.

I tried to create one and it was something along these lines.  Hopefully it will ring a bell to some of you. 

If Kev's wife finds the original photo of the dog in specs, I will replace the one below. 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 17

The 2nd reason for posting this, is Kev's wife contacted me asking me if I would mind giving her some assistance selling his equipment.  Several of us have managed to identify and value several scopes, but this one is difficult as it is no longer sold, and appears to be an acromat, so I was wondering whether any of the observers on here would be able to give me a rough 2nd hand selling price on this scope, I gather it's quite a few years old.  I asked Kev's wife if there is a tripod/mount to go with it, and she thinks there might be.   She needs to get the funeral over first and lots of other urgent things, so I don't expect it will be advertised for a while yet.   

It's a Meade LXD 55 EMC 6" Acromatic Refractor - I believe.

Many thanks in anticipation.

I have also been given permission to advertise his kit for sale on here eventually if that's what his wife would like to do.

Carole   

Kev's acromat.jpeg

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, carastro said:

The 2nd reason for posting this, is Kev's wife contacted me asking me if I would mind giving her some assistance selling his equipment.  Several of us have managed to identify and value several scopes, but this one is difficult as it is no longer sold, and appears to be an acromat, so I was wondering whether any of the observers on here would be able to give me a rough 2nd hand selling price on this scope, I gather it's quite a few years old.  I asked Kev's wife if there is a tripod/mount to go with it, and she thinks there might be.   She needs to get the funeral over first and lots of other urgent things, so I don't expert it will be advertised for a while yet.   

It's a Meade LXD 55 EMC 6" Acromatic Refractor - I believe.

Many thanks in anticipation.

I have also been given permission to advertise his kit for sale on here eventually if that's what his wife would like to do.

Carole   

Kev's acromat.jpeg

Thanks for posting this Carole, it is very sad news indeed.

@wookie1965 I believe that you have one of these vintage scopes, so if possible please could you let Carole @carastrohave an idea of their 2nd hand value.

Many thanks

• Like 1