Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lego Space Shuttle/ Hubble Space Telescope

Mark-V

• 2 weeks later...

I showed the Discovery shuttle and Saturn V Apollo lego sets to my 10 y/o boy last week. He wanted them so badly he spent all his Christmas and Birthday money ordering both sets. The Saturn V has just arrived and he's home from school in 30 minutes. I think the next few weeks may be quieter than usual 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 21/04/2021 at 15:19, johninderby said:

Whatever you do don’t let him see this. Made to fit the Lego Saturn V.

451133A4-DB5B-4CD9-AA91-52EEB16E547E.png

I've looked at that a couple of times and nearly bought it, that was until I watched Scott Manley on youtube and all the 'fettling' he's had to do to assemble it (no lego quality control) and then try to get it to support its own mass.

But still thinking about getting one every now and again for my Saturn V (set 21309) as some careful use of a craft knife and lots of super glue would probably sort it out - for now I've managed to distract myself with the Apollo 11 Lander (set 10266) waiting in the wings for the next run of cloudy nights.

With the Shuttle/HSO kit now available (and looks great @smoggy) then there's my 50th pressie from the better half sorted :) 

Weird....I was litteraly just reading this thread and a delivery has arrived with this in it!  Birthday present from Mrs G.  I have this sneaky suspicion that she is more excited.

P.S.  First post on this forum and looking forward to many years of enjoying the collective wisdom here 🙂

• Like 3

On 23/04/2021 at 22:16, maw lod qan said:

Is it just me, or are all astronomers/spacenuts really kids in their heart and mind, regardless of their body's age!

You need to ask the question?

:)

• Haha 1