Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great Orion Nebula - LRGB

alexbb

This is another finished target for this season.

I (quite) recently bought a TS Photoline 102 ED with FPL53 which performs surprisingly well for a doublet. So I put it to tests and imaging, in parallel with an older FPL51 AstroProfessional 102 ED doublet.

The blue color correction is much better in the newer TS. I shoot luminance often with both and then take the highlights from the better scope.

For this image I also used some older data that I had available, shot with a 130PDS, but that maybe only made my life more difficult. Not that otherwise I shot data through the refractors in a single panel with reducers/correctors, but also in 2 panels with no reducing correctors. Same about the RGB. Some shorter exposures from the backyard, some from a dark site, most of the G data from a dark site, B and R from home (clouds came in at the dark site) and a lot of other adventures.

But in the end I managed to put them all together and made an image out of them.

You can watch it in full resolution and see other details on astrobin: Great Orion Nebula

Clear skies!

Alex

M42-2021-lrgb_p06_crop_080_watermark.thumb.jpg.3f9e2ad18a1bdc1a240d22a59e08440d.jpg

Edited by alexbb
a little sharper on highlights
  • Like 17